5 of our 10 day trip to Dominica was spent at the Sunset Bay Club. We felt it was2 days too many at this hotel. The Dive shop and dive staff are firet rate. The diving is easy and beautiful. The hotel is immaculate. What we were dissipointed in is the so called "all inclusive" plan. If you choose this know that you will have a different menu from everbody else. The way we found out was on the first night we were there, the people on the table next to us were dining on a big pile of lobsters the people on the other side of us had big swordfish steaks. We were told we could not have these choices because were on the "All incl "plan and if we did it wld be an extra charge. We had a choice of chicken or steak and a salad. The chicken was one small dried out piece of thigh and the salad was a couple of leaves of lettuce with a pile of shredded carrots in the middle, one slice of tomato, one slice of cucumber, one slice of christophene. The main entre choices are the same every night for the all inclusives. The real menu is varied and interesting and the prices are reasonable. Weactually would have saved money by paying for each meal.The only good thing about "all inclusive is all the alcohol you can drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy, beachfront hotel conveniently located in the center of Dominica's west coast. We offer all-inclusive or bed & breakfast plans to suite your needs. Our dive center, located on our private beach, offers morning boat dives, snorkeling and whale watching or relax at our pool and sauna located in our tropical garden. Come and enjoy a relaxing experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Bay Club And Seaside Dive Center
- Sunset Bay Club & Seaside Dive Hotel Roseau
- Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Center Dominica/Roseau