“Worth It!”

US$125.00*
and up
Morne Trois Pitons National Park Hiking Tour to Boiling Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Said to be the second largest in the world, this hot springs lake is a caldron of gray-blue water at a temperature ranging from 180 to 197 degrees Fahrenheit; a full-day rigorous hike with a guide is needed to visit this awesome sight.
Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth It!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's a long hike to the lake, but the sight seeing along the way makes the trip worth the hike! We got a guide and would recommend it so you can get the full experience. Our guide Marvin was very informative, and helpful! He made the experience better than it would have been!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jim M

• Czech first
“Boiling Lake Dominica- Top 20 Must experience spot in the world...”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

While I like the lists of attraction which have been posted by tripadvisor and its subscribers. I must chime in at this point to say that having visited a few of the sites mentioned on the top 20 list for spots which must be experienced- I would definitely have to add the Boiling Lake in the Morne Trois Piton World Heritage site, in the Commonwealth of Dominica among them. The Unique and fearsome Boiling lake Crater combined with the Valley of Desolation which is a giant region of fumaroles, geysers and hot springs combined that precedes the Lake are absolutely breathtaking and an incomparable experience to anywhere in the whole World!

Visited August 2013
Gainesville, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“JustGoDominica”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you are going to Dominica, you must contact the guys over at JustGoDominica. Dominica is a place where you can get around without a guide, but you will miss out on the best parts. Our guide Adi was tremendous and knew just about everything there is to know about the boiling lake hike. The only thing I regret is not getting a hold of these guys earlier, so they could show us even more of the island!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TwoByTwo_FL
Belize City, Belize
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Went there when I was much fitter and slimmer.....”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went there in 2003. I was much younger, slimmer and fitter, but the experience has remained with me all these years after. I think the Boiling Lake is one of the best kept secrets of the Eastern Caribbean and should be advertised much, much more. Long hike but so worth it in the end! Would I go back?....been there, done that!

Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Tough, but worth it!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I will start this review by sharing that I am not an advanced or even, average, hiker. I live in South Carolina, and there are no hikes, only what I would define as long flat walks outdoors. On top of that, I've slacked off at the gym lately. But hiking Boiling Lake was on my list of must-do's while in Dominica, and I'm so happy I was able to check it off.

First thing: Plan this for later in your trip, because if you are not in tip top shape like me, you are going to be sore. And I'm talking REAL sore. Like walking funny for 1 week sore. Do yourself this favor and plan at the end.

Second: Get a guide. Not only will a guide be able to teach you things along with way about the area, flora, fauna, birds, etc. but the guide will keep you safe and make sure you don't wimp out! I can GUARANTEE you that you will find no guide like Elvis. I witnessed many other groups on hikes and overheard their guides and I can promise that you no one knew their stuff like Elvis did. He is a pro and one of the friendliest people we met on our trip. Even though he and my partner were in great shape, they kept me going and let me have breaks as needed without sacrificing too much time. When an old knee injury started to flare up on the trip back, Elvis was there, hand out, to help me on every difficult step. His price is extremely great in return for the service he provided. Elvis can be reached at Info@boilinglaketours.com

Now onto the hike: I've never experienced anything quite like this before, and I've hiked many parts of Caribbean and Central America. You get to go through numerous types of environments, from rainforest-like jungle, to rocky terrain, to sulphur pools, and of course, the boiling lake! We saw tons of birds and beautiful flowers and were constantly in awe of our surroundings. There is no way to experience such diversity in 1 day anywhere else!

Brings snacks, good shoes and waterproof gear in case of rain and of course, a can-do-it attitude. It was definitely the hardest thing I have done but worth all of the soreness! and whatever you do, do not miss titou gorge at the end. your legs will thank you!

Visited May 2014