“Small vacation”

Sheraton Santo Domingo
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
“Small vacation”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The renovation of this hotel is beautiful and the people there still very nice I mean all the stuff the food was great and the pool gourges specially the stuff Luis capellán Vladimir and ricardo overall wonderful but a little over price I will definitely come back.
Vincent Stabile

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vincent s
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Vincent S,

We gladly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience during your stay in our hotel. It is great to know you have had the opportunity to enjoy our renovated facilities as well as our associates service specially in our pool area. We hope to have you again as our guest in your home away from home.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I checked into th sheraton with no problems at all, front desk was great got to my room view was ok, beside the casino which was fine. I was travelling with my husbands cousins and we got a room with 2 double beds since we were 2 couples traveling together. When I went to ask for another key to the room they tried to charge me $50.00 extra per person in the room! Thats crazy!!, I have never in my life have had to pay extra for anyone I choose to have in the room and stay. Then they told me ok $30.00!! I still refused, once again they brought it down to$20!! Regardless I didnt pay this fee but I find it crazy that they tried to get money out of me for extra 2 people in my room!!l!they had no consistancy and tried to bargan me with this fee. Security at night was pathetic!!! I felt so harrassed everytime I walked in the lobby becuase they kepted asking me what my room number was, they constantly asked if the people I was travelling with were registered which front desk already knew they were with me!! And to top it off they called me at 1:00am!!!!! In my room to say my name was the only one registered and I went up with 3 other people!!!!its crazy un acceptable and I will never be staying there again!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Natalia M
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Natalia M,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review regarding your stay in our hotel. At Sheraton Santo Domingo, we pride ourselves of delivering guests memorable experiences. To maintain a safe environment for our guests is our main commitment. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best regards,
Switzerland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

after more than a year of renovation we came to spend a weekend in a junior suite in the sheraton santo domingo. I have never seen a colder, more anonymous 5 star hotel in my life. no pictures in the rooms, in the elevators, in the lobby, no decoration wherever, very poor renovation, showers still on the 70'ties level (absolutely uncomfortable)
what the hell did they do in a hole year of renovation???????

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy J
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Andy J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your past visit to our hotel. Please allow me to inform you, we are still in a renovation process that includes the bathrooms and art work in rooms and public areas. We really appreciate you letting us know your experience during your stay at Sheraton Santo Domingo and your impressions regarding our renovated areas. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Perfect, we waiting for next vacation to stay there, people there is sweet, they're , we was there when the name was changes marvelous, the staff has are the best in the world, to the people there thanks you for everything they did for us, thanks you

Room Tip: Perfect, six or seventh floor are the best place to stay there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Luis O
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Luis O,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. At Sheraton we make the difference by giving our guests memorable moments and an authentic, warm and sincere hospitality. It is an honor to know that we made you feel like home. We hope to have you again as our guest at Sheraton Santo Domingo.

Thanks again,
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Good experience. Great place to stay on a business trip. Very friendly staff. For sure a 5 star staff.

I got a room ending on "6". The view is not bad but there is a cassino on first floor ao you have A/C noise all the time.

Limited restaurant options around.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Tommy_Salomoni,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to our hotel. It is great to know that you enjoyed our hospitality as well as the warmth delivered by our associates. We always look forward to make the difference and give memorable experiences to our guests, our apologies if we did not reach it regarding the location of your room. We hope to have you again as our guest in the near future.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel was taken over by Sheraton, the previous operator. The staff was great, the lobby and pool area remodeled. The rooms are dated but clean. Remember that the Dominican Spanish is different than Mexican Spanish and English knowledge is minimal in D.R. The restaurant is good. I can't tell how great the staff was, truly excellent. A couple of standouts were a bell hop named Elias and a manager named Claudio, both great people. As for location, the hotel sits on the malecon a busy street along the beach. Santo Domingo is a dangerous city, travel after dark should be limited and leave the good jewelry at home. The hotel is close to the colonial district, about a fifteen minute walk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana T, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Mat B,

We feel so grateful that you took the time to share your experience during your stay in our hotel. We have been working very hard to become Sheraton and have the opportunity to offer our guests the best service and hotel facilities. It is great to know that you enjoyed the personalized service delivered by our associates as well as our strategic location right next to our historical center. We hope to have you again as our guest in a near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at Hotel Magna 365 for 4 nights. Overall, the experience was very good! The hotel room was clean and had all the amenities we expected (comfy bed, cable TV, shower experience, views). The front desk folks are very helpful and show great client care attitude. The breakfast spread and the Italian food were excellent! The restaurant staff were excellent. They asked the kitchen staff to accommodate our dietary requirements. The exercise equipment in the fitness centre are new and great to use. The hotel location is great as well. The Independence Day parade was right in front of the hotel. The neighbourhood beside the hotel seemed safe and clean.

The renovation didn't bother us much. Once that's complete, the lobby and pool area experiences should be great.

We'd definitely recommend the hotel for people looking for accommodation in Santo Domingo!

Room Tip: Every room has ocean view. Higher the floor, the view is better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kiran M
Magna H, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Kiran M,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at our Hotel. It is great to know that you enjoyed our facilities as well as our service. We are becoming a Sheraton hotel very soon and it will be an honor to serve you in the near future.