“Loud music all night!!!”

El Embajador, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed at Occidental Embajador for two nights in October 2013. The hotel is nice but the rooms are very old. The shower in my room was broken and I had to hand hold the shower head to take a bath, Overall the hotel is average, no attention to details, nothing special. My real complaint is that they were having some kind of fashion convention and both nights they had very loud music all through the night till about 1 or 2 am. The second night I did not get any sleep because of the loud music and I needed to be up by 3 am since I had to catch a 6 am flight. These kind of events are not compatible with a hotel. Guest need to sleep!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricardo618

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My stay was good. The newly remodeled room was very nice. All elements worked as they should. And I love the view out the front side of the hotel. The personnel is very people-oriented, from the front desk people to the restaurant workers, to the lobby bar people.
I happened to be there when there was a TV show filming in the lobby a couple nights in a row, and despite what could have been an enormous inconvenience, the lobby bar staff took good care of us.

Room Tip: I like the side overlooking the entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Exceptional service and superb food! Highly recommend it! Very well located. Their staff is very friendly and helpful. I have had several events at this Hotel and they have always exceeded my expectations! Staff is very well trained and focused on providing an excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've visited for a long weekend this October. We had chosen an upgraded room and the (small) price difference was certainly worth it.

The complementary breakfast is a treat every morning, looking over the pool and part of the garden. The staff was very helpful, even late at night with room service, extra blankets etc.

Located 5 minutes from the zona colonial, we had a great time, going out and having the best dinners that Santo has to offer.

We will visit soon again!

Room Tip: Take an upgraded room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

very good hotel, very good food, very good friendly staff,
the location is perfect, very safe place as for santo domingo, peacefull dreaming room, superb food,the staff helpfull and friendly even they are also very professional.we had a lovely nice time
100% positive, we back next december

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carmelobl
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I got married in this Hotel on July 27th and was all that ever dreamed of and more. I am from the Dominican Republic. There was a lot my guest that stayed at the hotel visiting from USA. Everyone loved the hotel and had no complains. The morning of my wedding I need to get my dress steam and the staff helped right away and I had my dress with no wrinkles in about an hour. The service at The Garden Tent (reception of the weeding) was perfect from the food and staff. El Embajador lived on the hype

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel in Santo Domingo, and I was very pleased with the hotel. The hotel recently renovated, spacious and elegant rooms. New design of the lobby and all common areas. Good food and service. The staff was attentive and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or vacations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business