“El Embajador is excellent.”

El Embajador, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We had a very good time in Santo Domingo we love the beautiful beaches and the hotel (The Embajador) was comfortable, the food and the service were very good and we were able to sleep like babies. I absolutelly recommend it.
We are planning to come back next winter.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2011

I stayed in this Hotel in January, it was the first time that my colleagues and me stayed there and we were 4 rooms in the executive floor. Let me tell you that the rooms was really great, we got ocean view and they were very clean. The service that me and my colleagues received for all staff was terrific, this girl Diana, she´s a concierge of this floor and she is exellent! she was all the time verifiying that everything was Ok with all the guest, checking the lobby, the computers... and you can see that she knows exactly what she´s doing or saying and the most important thing with a big smile in her face. Definetly we are going back and i recommend everybody to stay in the executive floor.

Reviewed 25 January 2011

During my stay in this hotel for three nights, at least a hundred of parrots arrived around sunset to rest in the trees surrounding the hotel. I am not a bird expert but I looked up online references and think they look like 'Hispaniolan Parakeets', categorized as 'vulnerable'. It was lovely to watch lots of pairs snuggling up to each other.

1  Thank greylourie
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This hotel pampers and spoils its business clients in the Royal Club. To be honest, I have only spent time in intense business meetings and document reviews during my two stays - I've not ventured from the 7th and 8th floors. The hotel staff are attentive to your every need and remember your preferences. They seem to read your mind sometimes in the Royal Club. Raphael in the Club has been especially helpful and cheerful & Aquino at dinner service is amazing. and Claudia the manager checks regularly to see that everytrhing is taken care of properly. If you like a firm bed - this is the place for you. I am a frequent business traveler and this is one of the finest services I have had the opportunity to experience

Reviewed 22 January 2011

The service in this hotel is amazing, the staff are very competent, specially the staff from Royal club. That is very understandable when the chief staff from Royal club whose name is Claudia is the sweeter person that I ever met.

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We has been guest from this hotel since 2005. The room are very spacious and confortable. the pool area is amazing and wonderful, it have a big garden with a lot of trees. Breakfast are delicious and variety. The restaurants have a great Menu and a nice environmnet. Excellent service for the concierge, we stay in the fifth flour. Our flight was living in the evening and she gave us a late check out that we really aprreciate!. Definitely, i recommend and we'll come back .

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple