“Good simple spot to hang your hat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fountain of Peace

Fountain of Peace
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santo Domingo
Fountain of Peace
Ranked #17 of 63 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Liberia, Costa Rica
“Good simple spot to hang your hat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was working i Haiti for a year, and everytime I needed to spend a night or two in Santo Domingo I would stay there. If you call in advance she can even arrange a trustworthy taxi driver to pick you up and bring you there.The rooms are simple and clean. It's a shared bath situation but I've never been there when someone else is occuyping the other room so usually there is no share. It's inexpensive and a perfet place if you just need a place to sleep and put your luggage. It's not too centrically located but that was never an issue as we had a trusted taxi driver thanks to her accomodiations. On my last visit I even brought her a gift from haiti because I was so grateful for her hospitality and soft spoken demeanor. she is a wonderful woman.

Room Tip: only two rooms. same same.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JujuSandytoes

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

My husband and I stayed there for one week. Melida, the owner was extremely helpful in arranging for anything that we needed, and recommending events and places to visit. The meals were delicious as well as the homemade fresh fruit juice. The room was very comfy with AC, which was great for August. Definitely the place to stay if you want a more authentic friendly Dominican home experience as opposed to a more generic chain hotel one.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank EliBan
brooklyn, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

The bed and breakfast was very cheap and clean. The airport was only about 10-15 minutes away and it's located in a very friendly neighborhood. The owner, Melida Brito, is very kind and caring. She was like my mother away from home. Some of her family also live nearby and are also very loving. The breakfast offered every morning was delicious. This is definitely a place where I will return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank discreteangel
Long Beach CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

First off, I would like to encourage those traveling to the Dominican Republic capital ( Santo Domingo) to give consideration to staying at the Fountain of Peace Bed & Breakfast. As I have, you will find it to be:
- Clean
- Always friendly
- Best value in Santo Domingo (believe me, we shopped around!)
- Easy access to everything in the city (There is a taxi on call that will take you anywhere for a fair price)
- In a safe and secure neighborhood
- The best local “home-grown” breakfast in Santo Domingo
- Family friendly

My wife and I found this bed and breakfast via the internet (another recommendation through trip advisor) and immediately called to see if we could book for two nights. We spoke to Melida, the owner of the Fountain of Peace bed & breakfast and felt a warm welcoming right off the bat. Flying in to Santo Domingo, Melida arranged a ride for us from the airport to the Fountain of Peace, which was a huge help, as taxis sometimes are tough to deal with especially for a couple of gringos who don’t understand espanol. Later, we hung out with Melida and her family at the Fountain of Peace and got to know them quite well. We even had a few card games going by the end of our trip. Melida helped us figure out how to get around the city, where to go and where not to go, good tips for traveling in DR and more. We even had breakfast cooked by the Dominican Republic’s famous “Chef Ramses” which was a real treat. Overall, I would have to say we were sure glad that we had stayed at the Fountain of Peace. Whether you are planning to stay in Santo Domingo for a few days or a few weeks, spend some time at the Fountain of Peace. You will make great friends and learn the city fast.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tyler R
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

I stayed with my mother at the Fountain of Peace Bed & Breakfast and loved it! The location is hard to beat: walking distance to the Ocean, the acquarium, and the historical Spain plaza. The owner, Melida, is an amazing hostess. She makes sure you feel at home and cooks the best Dominican breakfast you've ever eaten. She's very friendly and speaks both English and Spanish. I was also excited about the wireless internet (which is not as easy to find in Santo Domingo) and the international calls. The neighborhood is quiet, yet not too far from the attractions.

• Stayed May 2009