“some Disappointment”

Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Marion, Virginia
“some Disappointment”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Crowne Plaza is ok the pool has been redone and is good.
The security people are not well trained 2 times on way to the elevator the cut me off and ask if the could help me and where was I going.
This is my 10th stay at the properity, 8 as InterContinental and 2 as Crowne Plaza.
I was very disappointed in my up NO upgrate as a Platinum Ambassador member, the perts for this was 2 apples and a small bottle of water.
J.A. Rosenbaum

Room Tip: NO, just chance the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Jim R
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear J.A. Rosembaum,

We appreciate your comments and regret that it has passed an unpleasant experience at the hotel, we would like to have more details of the situation, so we let our email. For us its membership is very important and we try to offer benefits.

Hopefully allow us another opportunity to welcome you and ensure a different experience.

Venus Balbuena
Public Relations Manager
venus.balbuena@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Mougins, France
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I travel all over the world and stay in many wonderful hotels, and I tend to be very demanding. The room was comfortable & clean; it is the staff at this hotel who made my stay. They were very service-oriented, proactive and always smiling. They took great care of me in the restaurant, finding the right balance between ensuring I didn't feel lonely & being intrusive. My iPhone was missing when I checked out. I searched my room, the safe, under the bed...nowhere to be found. I made a claim at the front desk and, despite their assurances they would do everything possible to find it, I had no hope. I was headed for the other side of the island and leaving the country in one week. Imagine my shock when, a few days later, I received a call from the hotel chief of security saying he had my iPhone...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear J L,

Thank you for taking your time to comment about our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received a great service. Our engagement is to provide a quality service with dedication and courtesy.

We are so happy that you got your I Phone, small details make the difference, for this reason our staff is always hospitable and friendly attitude with our customers.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed there last week for 4 nights.
The bed was terribly uncomfortable (horrible mattress) and the staff needs much better training. In many case left hand did not know what the right hand was doing - very disorganized. Also, the hotel was not too clean. This place is 3 stars at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vittelman
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Vittelman,

It is our commitment to offer a quality service and our staff is constantly learning, so we are surprised that you tell us the attitude.

Venus Balbuena
Public Relations Manager
venus.balbuena@ihg.com
Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for 3 to 4 business trips per year for over 5 years. They have been updating the hotel over the last year. The room I stayed in the trip had new furniture and looked great. The restaurant has also been re-done. I can say that the food has greatly improved. The plates were fresh and some of the best I had ever had (try the grilled Grouper outstanding). The breakfast buffet was good, and the chef will make you any thing you want. I was impressed with all the improvements.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the ocean. It is great to get up in the morning and look out the wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Randy P,

Thanks for your comments, we are pleased to know you spent a pleasant stay in which has been enjoying the renovations that have been made ​​to the hotel.

All renovations were made to ensure a better experience for guests and clients.

We hope to welcome you to a new opportunity.

Best regards,.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I made a reservation for christmas diner, excellent service, excellent people! the dishes were delicious. The entrance, main dish and the dessert, were expectacular, we loved them. The selection of wine was good according to the christmas diner. We will be back next christmas diner! Thank You!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Annya_Caba,

Thanks for your comments, it is a great that you enjoy your Christmas dinner. For this occasion we developed a special menu for the season, we also dedication in every detail.

Thanks for choosing us and look forward to welcoming in the next time.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Everything was good but the food at the breakfast buffet could be better. There is not much to see on the balconies. The beds and rooms were very clean. Taxis are expensive. Do not order anything from your room or take anything from the hotel bar because there are a lot taxes and other changes you may not know about until you check out.

But overall, it was a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear AIKJ24,

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Good location, right across from the ocean, but the windows were so dirty I couldn't even get a decent picture from my room. The carpet in my room had a sticky feeling to it, but appeared to be clean. After a long day of touring and dinner, I was ready to take a dip in the pool to wind down, only to find that it closed at 8:30. However, the showers were very nice and had lots of pressure. Staff was kind and always smiled.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerGS, Guest Service at Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Tammy C,

First of all thank you for your comments. We regret the situation that happened with the room and your window.

We wish to allow us another opportunity to welcome you and serve you better.