“One-Of-A-Kind”
Review of Adam Suites

Adam Suites
Ranked #3 of 76 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The best reference one can give to a hotel is the desire to return again and again. Adam Suites is that kind of place – a place where half of the guests are second, third and fourth time visitors. It is unique in so many ways: it’s great location in the heart of the colonial zone; very nice and inexpensive accommodations; convenience to plenty of places to eat, and only a couple of blocks from the Ocean. But the best and most unique part – which sets it aside and above and beyond all other options – is the intimate atmosphere of a small boutique hotel which provides a nice lounge, balcony, restaurant and roof top jacuzzi & terrace for guests to meet each other or entertain guests. Being a small hotel and with the owner on site, after a couple of visits, it feels more like family than a commercial operation. It is really a one-of-a-kind place, not only in the DR but in the Carribean. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Michael28804
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Michael... your review gave me goose bumps in the best possible way! :-) You are so right when you say that we are unique in so many ways and the best small hotel in the country: we're in the right location, the staff, the services, the ambiance, the security, the feeling of belonging, the guests themselves and me on site constantly. We are a family indeed. Glad that you highly recommend us and hope to see u back soon! THANKS!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Beautiful Adam Suites hotel, and what a wonderful and relaxing experience it was! The hotel is a small intimate setting for gay men!! and I must saythe staff as well as the owner, welcomes you with open arms!! It is a place you must stay on your visit to the Beautiful Santo Domingo! I cant wait til my next visit. Gilbert is my Room ready!!

2  Thank Jimmie K
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Jimmie....I'm very happy that you liked the hotel and glad that you are planning to come back soon... Your input was very important because you are a hotelier like me and a person that knows that is not easy to manage a biz like ours and that is even more difficult to please guests from different nationalities and backgrounds. Once gain, come back soon, bring your friends alone and THANKS!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Well, Well Well, where should I start? My mom once told me that I was born “pre-pissed” and it’s almost impossible to please me no matter how hard you try. Thank God I don’t write bad reviews on tripadvisors or half of the hotels around the world would have run out of business. Anyway, where was I? Oh, I was sitting in my office in Moscow, going through hotels in SD when I bumped in the Adam Suites. Pictures and reviews were pretty much self-explanatory, so I booked tkts, sent a request for reservation and was on my way in no time. Before my departure the owner called me and made sure that I was arriving as scheduled. I was picked up at the airport (fair $40 one way), greeted at hotel by Gilbert (the owner) and escorted to my room.

I had room 5 ($59 +tax): large room and bed, LOCATION !!!, AC, safe box, immaculate bathroom, tv, all clean and nice, small balcony, never had problems with the hot water, no thrills but who cares? I was ready to party and explore local culture.

The hotels employees were very nice and professional. Fausto, a general manager, deserves a special BRAVO. I have also followed Gilbert’s recommendation regarding tour guide, places to eat, places to go, beaches etc.

The hotel is going through some renovation, but honestly I haven’t heard any annoying noises neither in the mornings nor during the day.

All over I had a great experience and would recommend this hotel to gay travellers. The whole ambience of the hotel reminded me “Tales of the City” . I didn’t feel I was in hotel at all, I felt I was at my friend’s house or something.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Moscow101

Serguey! What can I say... Thanks for such creative and sincere review. I appreciate the sense of humor implicit in your review. It was a creative one, for sure. and it was done in your very own Russian style with an added NYC flavor to it. I'm glad that we were able to please a guest that "... was born “pre-pissed” and it’s almost impossible to please me no matter how hard you try" :- You made me LOL when I read this statement that you made on your review! :-)

Once again, Thanks. Come back soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Not having visited Santo Domingo in over 30 years, I was invited to spend a week with friends at Adam Suites- What a wonderful place to relax, feel secure and be treated like royalty- The owner Gilbert greeted me when I arrived and made my stay a wonderful experience. His staff is superb and the location is super, Highly recommended -a hotel that is hard to find. Well worth the trip The balcony on the 2nd floor overlooking the street is the BEST!

Room Tip: suggest first floor-quiet and surene- no elevator to 2nd floor
3  Thank John N
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear guest... with much appreciation I read the nice review you wrote about the hotel. Thanks for the high marks and excellent evaluation you gave us. I was also looking forward to meet you since you were a pioneer as gay traveler to the city- almost 30 years ago!. As you said, we treat our guests like royalty and our goal is to make them feel as wonderful as possible. Come back soon and bring your friends alone. THANKS!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

It started off with a welcome arrival by the hotel's driver who squeezed 4 of us and all of our luggage into the hotel's car for the 20 minute trip back to the hotel and at a most reasonable cost. The owner and manager, Gilbert was on hand to greet us and get us all situated in our spacious rooms. His staff are absolutely the best I have encountered. They couldn't be any more helpful or friendly. And of course the top notch secuity confirmed they are dead serious of protrecting their guests. I'm sure previous reviews have all pointed out the fantastic location. This is a definite for a return trip.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the 1st floor to be very quiet.
2  Thank Pete5666PR

Dear guest: Thanks for taking the time to write such wonderful and honest review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your are planning to return very soon too! I also would like to thank you for saying: "His staff are absolutely the best I have encountered. They couldn't be any more helpful or friendly"... And of course the top notch security confirmed they are dead serious of protecting their guests". Well, you said it better that me. We are serious about taking good care of our guests! Once again, THANKS! Come back soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Despite everything we had heard and had been told before visiting the DR, we learned all of the talk to be untrue. We stayed at the Adam Suites in the colonial district. Gilbert and his crew made us feel very welcomed and safe. The Hotel was very secure, with 24 hour front desk. The area surrounding the hotel was also very safe. We have nothing negative to say. I would highly recommend staying at the Adam Suites Hotel. PS. It's ok to bring your lap tops etc. Very safe and we cannot wait to go back. M & R

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike V
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Mike & b/f... Allow me to express my gratitude for your comment and great review... You made our day!

As you know, we constantly strive to be the best host in town and the best small hotel. Once again, THANKS and I hope to see u back soon... we also enjoyed having you guys here! Regards from the staff. See U guys back soon. Gilbert

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The security, hospitality and professionalism at Adam Suites Hotel was top notch. It made my stay feel more like I was at a little apartment of mine own in Santo Domingo than in the standard hotel. Being in a foreign city can make you feel isolated but this was not the case with this cute little hotel. Kudos especially to the staff and the owner Gilbert for being so dedicated and attentive.

Room Tip: Choose one of the larger room and ask for something with sunlight.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank 487Wayne
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Reviewer: With much pleasure I read your review and appreciate the high marks you gave us on security, hospitality and professionalism which you self described as "top notch". Future guests can easily understand & value your recommendation to stay with us because here guests can always feel like home. On a personal level, thanks for giving me "Kudos for being so dedicated and attentive". That is my goal and commitment to you and all my guests. Thanks again and hope to see you back soon. :-)