“Excellent time at a fabulous hotel”
Review of Adam Suites

Adam Suites
Ranked #2 of 67 Santo Domingo B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent time at a fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My stay at Adams Suites was by far the best and most memorable stay in a hotel. I am even more grateful towards the fabulous treatment bestowed on me by Gilbert, the hotel owner and his dedicated staff, Amaury and Juan. Thanks to the 3 of you for making my trip to Santo Domingo a memorable one. Though, I have visited the Dominican Republic on 3 previous occasions, it was my first stay in the Capital, Santo Domingo. I loved everything about this city and the hotel, Adams Suites. From my initial reception at the hotel, to my farewell, the welcome and the hospitality of the staff were excellent! The design and decor of the hotel is simply fabulous and it gives you the feel of living in a big city for a fraction of the cost. I have absolutely no reservations about this hotel and it will always be my 'go-to' hotel for my trips to the Dominican Republic. I highly recommend it to anyone! Gilbert and his staff were very friendly and personal from the very moment that I arrived at the hotel. They were helpful with advice on getting around Santo Domingo as well as navigating the bursting city life. My room was meticulously cleaned, spacious and well maintained. I had a very comfortable bed with fluffy pillows and clean covers. The bathroom was also cleaned daily by Juan. The location of the hotel was my favorite as it was close to all the action in the Colonial zone in Santo Domingo. When I checked out of the hotel, the driver, Amaury, was right at the door waiting with open arms and I couldn’t have asked for a better driver. Overall, my stay at the Adams Suite was a fantastic experience and I can’t wait for my next trip to Santo Domingo. Once again, my special thanks and appreciation goes to Gilbert and his staff and I commend you all for a job well done. I can’t wait for my next trip to the Adams Suite Hotel in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Anthony,
Arlington, VA, USA

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Anthony A
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Anthony... With much pleasure I read your wonderful review. Your words towards the staff and myself are very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed the trip because that is our goal- to make every guest stay a wonderful one. Please come back and bring your friends alone. Regards from the Juan and Amaury. Thanks again! Gilbert

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've stayed at this place in manys different occasion, has a great attention from the people who work (Gilbert & Fausto) there, the location and areas are safe for explore any time day/nite. The hotel is Friendly gay but people who like to stay at friendly place should go there. For the food and cruise areas are not a problem the hotel is one block away from Calle EL Conde, where you will find all need for expend the days around the areas!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Juliosm
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Hello Julio,

Thanks for giving us such a nice review and it is my hope that you come back soon. Keep in touch!
California
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Adams Suites is a great addition to Santo Domingo. Great location, great owner and staff, and at a very reasonable price. I really think that any gay traveller to Santo Domingo should plan on staying here. It isn't a Sheraton but it is clean, quaint, and friendly. Gilbert the owner has put a lot into sprucing up an older property and it shows. I will definitely stay at Adams Suites the next time I pass through Santo Domingo!

Room Tip: I had a room back from the street--very quiet. Excllent for sleeping after a long flight or a long n...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank asdsrfr
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear guest from California- Thanks for taking the time to go online and write such a wonderful review about our hotel. You are right, we took a 1940's Art Deco building, similar to the ones in South Beach, and remodeled it over a one year period. The final result, is a magnificent well preserved historical building in the heart of the colonial zone. I'm also appreciate the fact that you acknowledged the dedication of our staff, our services and my efforts. Once again, thanks and come back soon! Gilbert.
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at Adam Suites for about 5 nites in May, then went to the beach for a few days, and returned for my last night in DR. Gilbert arranged for Amauri to pick me up at the airport which was good. Arriving and having to navigate the airport and taxi mayhem is not an easy task. Upon arrival Fausto showed me to my room which was no. 5, the one with the balcony. Fausto showed me everything I needed to know and was extremely sweet and helpful throughout my stay. Room # 5 is more expensive than the others but worth it I thought. Very large, nice bed, dresser and private balcony overlooking street and disco Fogoo across the street. Also very helpful, sweet and kind was Juan, Fausto's on-site backup staff person. At night the front door is staffed by Edwin, who was kind enough to watch my rental car on the street and make sure it was safe. When I returned for one night, I stayed in room 10. It was smaller, and had only one electrical outlet in the room, which posed a challenge to recharge my laptop and Iphone. Also #10 has a fancy shower which I was unable to make work. #10 however was quieter than #5. All in all Adam Suites is a great base from which to explore Santo Domingo and even the whole DR. I would very much recommend it to any gay traveler to DR for at least part of your stay.

Room Tip: #5 is nice but a bit noisier than other options.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Mark M
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Mark... thanks so much for your kind words toward the staff, myself and the hotel. It was a pleasure meeting and having you as guest at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the services that we provide, especially the airport pick up service which is a very wise choice for any traveler arriving to a foreign country where English is not the spoken language. Once again, thanks, and I'm looking forward to have you back very soon! Regards, Gilbert & the team!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I spent two weeks in Adam suites hotel Easter time. Not a day too long. Gilbert and his crew made me feel welcome .You feel very safe in this hotel with security 24 hours. visitors have to show their IDs.During my stay the other guests were very friendly and it was like having my friends there. I am used to stay in five star hotels all over the world in my job but this cosy place is just great for a vacation. The beach is a bit far away but on the other hand you stay right in the colonial city and walking distance to all fun. The power cuts are of course a nuisance but the hotel has a generator so its not that bad. Internet worked quite well for me . I hope Gilbert will run this hotel for many years. I am sure going back.
Nicolas
Norway

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 664Nicolas
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Nicolas... Allow me to say Thank You for your nice review and kind words towards me and the hotel staff. Your nice comments means a lot to me specially coming from a savvy business person and a world wide traveler. I enjoyed our chats at the lobby and on the balcony and is my hope that you'll come back soon to your new home in the Caribbean. Thanks again, Gilbert.
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Adam Suites is in the heart of the Colonial Zone. There are many attractions in walking distance and just getting lost was exciting. Santo Domingo is an urban center and like in many other large Caribbean/Central American cities; it is necessary to be aware of your surroundings and be careful to avoid flashing money, walking alone, avoid scams, etc. The hotel is fantastic. The balcony overlooks a street alive with action and is a great place to mingle with other guests. My room with en suite bathroom was spacious and clean. At the time of my visit a hot tub was under construction on the roof. I hope it is ready for my next visit! Just one bit of advice, I would skip the arranged taxi service via the hotel. Take a proper taxi from the airport; it will save you money and time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Adam F
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear guest: Thanks for taking the time to review us and for sharing your nice comments about the hotel and your experience while here. But allow me to clarify the taxi comment. The advantage of having transportation booked thru us is that once you pass customs, and at the exit door, there is our driver waiting outside for you which is not only very convenient- especially after a long trip- but safer too because you know that your are getting into a cab that will bring you right to the hotel and not around the city with some form of excuse to later charge you more for the trip due to some "misunderstandings". Remember, taxi drivers in DR only speak Spanish and not English.

I also want future guests to know that for such service we charge the same fare as any city taxi- not more or not less- which is $40 dollars (as of May 2013). So, investing in your airport transportation thru us is not only a wise decision but a safe one too. Take advantage of it so that you are not sorry later. Thanks, Gilbert
Trinidad
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is my first visit to a Caribbean country and I was totally pleased with the entire staff customer relations with their guest, which I will rate as EXCELLENT! As the other reviews stated the atmosphere was a home ...away from home, even the guest were like family. I made friends with some of the guest and even ventured into the parties together throughout our stay. They staff ensured that our need were taken care of, even when we were out. I enjoyed walking into the room after a day out and seeing the bed made up with the artistic display of the bed sheet, that really caught my attention, even the bathroom tissues had an artistic flair. I am not good at remembering names, but that guy did a great job in ensuring we were comfortable. Gilbert, we will be returning in July, so look out for call!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Francis m
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Hellooo!!! I would like to express my gratitude and thank you for the wonderful review you wrote about the hotel, the entire staff and our services. I am also very happy to hear that you felt like at home while here.. " home ...away from home" as you said.

Please come back soon and bring some of your friends alone so they enjoy the city too :-) THANKS!! Gilbert