I spent a long weekend in Santo Domingo taking a holiday from working in Port-au-Prince. This hotel was great due its proximity to the waterfront, without being in a very noisy part of it. The hotel is also located relatively centrally in Santo Domingo, so you can walk a reasonable distance in any direction and find something interesting.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel maintains the original "family home" feel of the buildings original purpose, and the jacuzzi on the roof is a saving grace from the Santo Domingo heat and sun. Granted, I don't think the jacuzzi was on or even plugged in, but that didn't stop me from using it every night.
Overall, good value for they money, friendly place to stay, quiet but not so far away from interesting activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maison Gautreaux is the house of a highly respected and well known family of Santo Domingo, was converted into an hotel in 1994 by the Gautreaux Family, the hotel has a very nice decoration and you can breath a familiar atmosphere when you are in our acomodations. You will feel like you are in you own home when you spend your days with us. We will feel very happy to have you here. We will be waiting for all of you!!! The Maison Gautreaux Your Home in Santo Domingo!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maison Gautreaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Gautreaux Santo Domingo
- Maison Gautreaux Hotel Santo Domingo