“May 2014”

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Kaktovik, Alaska
“May 2014”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Always stay a Marriott hotels and never disappointed. The hotel is in a safe area, just one half block from the USA Embassy. The room was large, well lit and clean with all the amenities expected from the Marriott Chain. Enjoyed my stay and would go back. The front desk is supper efficient and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Broome2408:

It is good to know that our service was friendly and that our front desk associates made your stay special and a memorable one. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels, I hope you take advantage of all the wonderful benefits of the Marriott Rewards program. If your future travels bring you back to Santo Domingo, I am certain the Courtyard Marriott Santo Domingo will be your first choice.

G. Olvera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent a weekend in Santo Domingo and found this hotel to be a great choice. The staff was excellent, the front desk staff make the check in and check out process easy and fast. There was always a cab out front, no need to call for one. The room was well furnished and clean. I especially liked the small market next to the front desk open 24/7 with snacks, water, beer and wine at a reasonable price for a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chris5454:

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and customer service experience were what you deserve. I was delighted to read that the front desk team is efficient and made your check in and check out process simple. I hope that during your visit, you were able to see the Ciudad Colonial and surrounding areas where you could find museums, shops, restaurants, etc. Thank you again for your comments and for your business.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I wish there was a way to break down the rating with .5, if so this would really be a 4.5 vs. 4. The hotel was very modern with updated amenities. The staff was friendly at check-in and somewhat attentive. I had an issue locking the sliding door to the outside balcony and the maintenance personnel arrived within 5-minutes of my call. The facilities were modern with updated amenities. The gym facilities was by far above average; it included state of the art thread-mills and elliptical machines, free weights (50lb max dumb bells), one weight bench, large mirrors on two walls, and a cable crossover machine with attachments. I also enjoyed a morning swim in the pool-it was small but adequate and well placed to avoid the morning and evening sun. The rooms were modern in appearance which included a nice firm king size bed, desk, chair, small fridge, and coffee machine. Not a major complaint, but the coffee provided was not of the best quality (flavor wise). A microwave would have been nice, but I guess you can’t have it all. A safe was provided which is required to secure jewelry and passports. WIFI was provided without additional charges. The hotel was a 20 minute drive from the Santo Domingo Airport and close to the downtown area. On site security was provided 24-7 with a closed off entrance to the parking lot. Overall great stay and really not your typical courtyard Marriott you would find in the states.

Room Tip: Not sure a good view is possible, the hotel is tucked away off a busy street with road access or par...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wopat5
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Wopat5:

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and service experience was what you expected and deserve. It is good to know that the gym facilities were of your liking, we recently renovated this area and we tried to make it as complete and modern as a stand-alone fitness center. I appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience and look forward to have you stay with us in the future, I am sure the Courtyard Santo Domingo will be your hotel of choice when you come back to Santo Domingo.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just finished my stay here from 6/11-17. I usually do not write online reviews but the service here was excellent. This was my first trip to Dominican Republic and the front desk greatly accommodated us. They answered all of our questions-even the silly ones promptly and politely. They went above and beyond our their positions and help arrange our many activities. Excellent hotel especially for the value!

• Stayed June 2014
Jasmin C:

I am glad to know that you decided to write an online review, I am sure your stay was a memorable one and the level of service you received was superb. I hope the week that you spent in Santo Domingo was a productive one and you were able to see all the wonderful things the city has to offer. I hope you come back to the Courtyard Santo Domingo sometime in the near future, I can assure you the level of service you will receive will be once again excellent.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is not very big but the rooms were very comfortable and the food in the hotel was very good. The staff in the reception area is very nicer and really know how to take care of you. The location of the hotel is near city center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Carlos T:

I am glad to know that the quality of our rooms and the friendly service that you received was what you expect and deserve. In regards to your food likings, I hope that you were able to dine with us and to take advantage of our themed nights on Tuesday and Wednesday, both nights are very popular amongst our guest and a very good choice for dining.

Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a "far above average" hotel in this chain - not the standard "cookie-cutter" Courtyard! I did not find it "dark" as another reviewer stated; rather, it is rich in wood trim and other unique decor features. The extremely attentive and friendly personnel make this place truly special. Behind the front desk, Celso, Raysa, David, and Melina were outstanding in helping me with the little things to facilitate getting comfortable quickly in new surroundings. The breakfast buffet is exceptional - fresh and a great variety! Roselin, Fernelis, and Inoel were most attentive in the restaurant. (Minor complaint / suggestion: get some quality decaf coffee to brew when a guest requests it, and eliminate the hand-carried jar of "instant"!) The room was clean, the bed comfortable. The air conditioner in the room was adequate, but it may have left the room uncomfortably warm during hotter months. The exercise room is clean and well supplied with equipment. The pool is small but adequate, in a nice private setting. Overall: excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ffffjjjj
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
ffffjjjj:

It is good to know that our service was friendly and that our associates made your stay special and a memorable one. We have a lot of good associates in the hotel, thank you for taking the time to recognize and to remember their names, I will make sure they are recognized so that they can continue to excel in their jobs. I have already addressed your coffee suggestion and on your next visit to our hotel our decaffeinated coffee will be as good as our regular coffee. If your future travels bring you back to Santo Domingo, I am confident the Courtyard Marriott Santo Domingo will be your hotel of choice.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a safe comfortable and clean Courtyard located is a busy part of SD. Traffic in/out of the parking lot can be crazy. The staff were friendly and welcoming, most room rates include BREakfast. The hotel is clean and well maintained but a little dated and dark. The wall a/c unit had a hard time keeping up with the intense heat and high humidity and barely made the room bearable. Most frequent travelers accustomed to high end Marriott properties (or an average US CY) may be a bit underwhelmed - good thing is a new JW property will be online in the next month or so.

Room Tip: A room away from calle Maximo Gomez or on the back of the bldg may offer a quieter stay, especially...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LifetimePlatinum
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard Santo Domingo, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
LifetimePlatinum:

One of the few downsides of Santo Domingo is the bad traffic all over the city, I wish driving around Santo Domingo could be easier. I was glad to read that you found our staff friendly and welcoming, it is something that I feel very proud of. Thank you for being a loyal member to Marriott and the Marriott Rewards Program, we will definitely take your experience into consideration as we make improvements to our property.