“I am ready to buy one of these things.”
Review of Trikke

Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Santo Domingo
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Combine a route full of history, a warm weather plus the fun of driving these Eco-Friendly machines. we will meet every corner, monument and urban legends, and the opportunity to capture the most beautiful views of the old Santo Domingo. Join us on these trip, You won't regret !
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After a week in Santo Domingo on vacation with the family, when we ask the kids what was the most fun, with no hesitation they say it was the Trikke tour. And for the price, it is hard to beat. As of July/August there is a ton of roadwork going on through many streets in the Colonial Zone, so there a few detours that you will take, and unfortunately the night tour is suspended until the work clears up.

But despite all that we still got to see a lot of the sights and had fun zipping around town, through the parks, up and down hills. My girls are 12 & 14 and handled the trikes well, even battling a bit of traffic. My one and only issue is that I wish that as we passed intersections that the guide would actually stop and block the traffic coming the other way until the rest of the group has passed. Dominicans drive fast through intersections, and it was a concern, so I did the blocking when I could to make sure that the drivers knew other trikkers were coming down the road as well.

Great guide, and the front office lady was very helpful. We signed up and were on our way in no time. The big open parks were the best to just cruise around.

Don't forget to tip your guides!

2  Thank Graybeard73
in 8 reviews
"history"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour. My guide was personable and knowledgeable can't remember his name but he's the guy that was raised in Italy. All of the employees that I interacted with that day were exceptionally friendly.

I would recommend it if you're really interested in learning more about Santo Domingo's history and architecture.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank edamon1
Reviewed 24 July 2014

So , it made my vacation more memorable is the trending tour in zona colonial i had the best time my kids went crazy and they enjoy seen these historical places thanks to these tour !!! recommend 100% !!!!!!!♻️✨✨✨✨

2  Thank Anabel R
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you want to see all of the zona colonial you must take this tour. It is the perfect way to do it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction