“I've stayed here twice and loved it!”
Review of W&P Santo Domingo

W&P Santo Domingo
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently returned from my second trip here. Great Hotel...very cool rooftop club (Bianco) and helpful staff. Selso in the restaurant is by far one of the most helpful, pleasant, attentive people I have ever met.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for W&P Santo Domingo

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is wonderful, comfortable, the rooftop is gorgeous and you can see nearly the entire city and even a bit of the sea . the Internet is everywhere even on the roof, the reception is wonderful but every now and then it crashes due to what I believe is converging networks. the staff is great especially Julio, he will help you with everything I misplacedmy cell phone charger and he let me borrow his, now that's customer service. the restruant h some of the best food in the city, especially the tapas, and you can also get tapas and a great meal on the ceiling floor on the rooftopbar which has great djs and great modern music. I felt like this was a chic hotel that could be in Spain or Miami , and all of the coolest people were there, so it's great if your young or still want to be youthful. The beds and comfortable and I had cable and a refrigerator and I had Two beds , each was comfortable . This is a great choice for a hotel and everyone there is helpful and nice in other words , caridad .

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank JessyT1
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I checked in without a reservation and the only room available was in the old wing. These rooms are older "efficiency" type with small kitchens. Rooms on this side are older, but they are clean, safe, and comfortable. They also face the driveway and parking area so there is more noise. The next night they moved me to a room in the newer section on the third floor opposite the parking area. I stayed another three nights and there was much less noise. The rooms have excellent a/c. The Internet has been greatly improved and I was able to use my internet phone flawlessly except when tropical storms and lightning knocked me off and I was able to get back on in immediately. I ordered room service one night and the food was delivered quickly, was properly prepared, and was the proper temperature. The front desk personnel are the best ever and all speak English very well. The restaurant staff is fine, but not quite as friendly. Rooms are absolutely clean and comfortable. There is a very chic and sophisticated club on the roof around the pool. At night it can get crowded there and noisy. If you know Dominicans, you know they love to party and they ALWAYS play their music very loud. There is a completely different entrance to the roof-top club and patrons who are not staying in the hotel are NOT allowed on the room floors for security purposes. Rooms on the opposite side from the parking will be much quieter, I guess the parking surface and building next door reflect the noise. This is a very good small business hotel and is improved everytime I stay here. I can't explain the problems of the other reviewers but I wouldn't stay anywhere like the place they described and I am very comfortable here. Visit it yourself and check out the rooms, restaurant, pool, etc. I have no interest in this property other than to enjoy it when I'm in the country. It is abusiness hotel...not a beach resort. My experiences here have been fine.

Room Tip: Choose a room on floors 3 thru 5 in the new tower and on the side opposite the entrance and parking.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank NC7007
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I just stayed one night at this so-called 4 star hotel on June 25. And that's more than enough. When I checked in, the door was found unlockable. I called to the reception twice before they sent one guy to rectify it by dismantling and remantling with a screw driver. How could be a star hotel room with door loose to open while you sleep? The AC is the worsest. In day time the room is like sauna with AC running at high cool speed, and only when at night you can feel a bit cool. The filter screen of AC is with thick dust and I had to remove it off. The noise of AC outside bothers much. The hot water uncontrollable. Internet slow,and each time when you logged on it required you to refill password. I could bear no more and ran away the next morning.
The above room fare is USD100 one night they charged me.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Habibtam
Reviewed 12 February 2011

The biggest mistake we ever made was staying at BQ over the holidays. We had stayed at this hotel previous to BQ buying it and we liked it. However, since BQ has taken over it is party city in the most ridiculous way. There were constant parties on the roof and eventhough our room was right in the middle of the hotel on floor 4, we could hear everything happening on the roof through the ceiling. Some nights throughout the holiday they were offering a buffet in the restaurant, which took away services to guests like room service. They did not advertise that room service would be stopped so one night we had to go without dinner, because the only option was the unreasonably priced buffet and restaurants around the country were closed. If the hotel is going to offer special events, the regular ammenities should continue! Bottom line, if you have a family or you enjoy relaxing and sleeping, do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vick80
Reviewed 2 March 2010

First off, the hotel Lobby smells like deep fried chicken, which is nauseating. Was sent up to a room which smelled so humid it was also nauseating. I asked for a different room and they said they didnt have anythign. Internet was faulty, and I could not log on. No desk in the room. Called room service, asked for approximate time of delivery, and was told it was impossible to tell, this in a rude manner. So I canceled and walked to a franchise restaurant nearby. This was in the early evening. The street was filled with dirty prostitutes who harassed you everywhere. There were rats in and around the street corners of the hotel. Overall, extremely unsafe. Upon returning to the room, the A/C stopped working. Prostitutes were in the elevator as I went up. I locked myself up in the room. THe sheets smelled like they were poorly washed. There was dirt on the bathroom. ANd all throughout the nite, people kept screaming in the halls and actually knocking at my door. I had never felt unsafe in a hotel in my life, except for this one. I could not sleep, because the AC wasnt working and the open window made the room LOUD with outside noise. Spent 45 minutes waiting to be served at the restaurant next morning and noone showed. Smell of deep fry still in the lobby. I RAN AWAY, leaving a paid room which they refused to reimburse me for. Overall: DISGUSTING. NEVER STAY HERE.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank ggomezvenezuela
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I liked everything about this hotel! most of the time one of the elevators wasn't working, but it was ok! Everyone working there is nice! the service is just what you want from a good Hotel and I loved the lemonade!!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business