“Great service and try vent pool and bar on friday/sat nights”
Review of W&P Santo Domingo

W&P Santo Domingo
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here in late June and the staff took great care of our team. Breakfast was good and plentiful with wide variety of meats, eggs , fruit and cheese . Also loved the pear juice every morning. Juarito( I may I have misspelled ) was always pouring me more coffee in the morning
I love to sit outside but there is smoking on outside patios here in DR .
Diego and the other staff at the desk were extremely helpful especially when we had to change our flights at last minute due to weather
The rooms are not fancy but were always clean and were cool
The bar vent upstairs only open in Friday or Saturday night is WOW ...funky white with colored lights around pool we were working but I would have loved to enjoy pool otherwise

Room Tip: None of rooms have scenic views but all seemed relatively quiet even with bar open on Friday nights
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear guest,
We appreciate your review & we're very glad to see our property
has reached your expectations,our goal is the hapiness and confort of
our guests.
It will be a pleasure to serve you in future trips to DR,
kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It was a nice surprise, thanks to a friend suggestion, because of the price point, I was not especting to much, but it was a good place to stay for a couple of days in a business trip.
Is a small building, right in the center of town, with easy acces to all main avenues.
Nice and clean, with no mayor decoration, but good.
The room was spacious, but not fancy, I may will like domethin a litter big better, but was fine and clean.
Another great surprise was the first floor restaurant and terrace; AMAIZING FOOD!, and at a very affordable prices.
Room service was efficient.
I highly recommended for a Bussines trip.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Yanet,
As you can see we're a business hotel focused in 100% service & confort for
our guests,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay in our property,
best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything was great with our stay until we were asleep. I woke up around 1AM to hear the room above us talking loudly... I think the tile floors just allow everything to come through. I called the front desk but I don't think they did anything to resolve the matter. It was definitely an uncomfortable nights sleep because of this. Everything else at the hotel was just fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NateYounker
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,
We apologize about the noise problem,we really have a strict policy,
I would like to talk about the issue by e-mail or by phone for to
clear any doubt.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pictures do no justice to the calm and peaceful atmosphere at the pool area a top the 8th floor at the BQ Santo Domingo. The view of the surrounding condo's and downtown area on the background are just amazing. The rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. I sleept like a rock, not a sound to disturb me I was quite shocked because Im a very light sleeper and always no matter where I go one or two guest at any hotel decide they want to take the party up to their room and ruin everyone elses peace, not at the BQ. My compliments to the staff, I would recommended to all my family and friends. 2 thumbs up...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich R

Dear guest,
We appreciate your comments & we're really glad our property has
reached your expectatives.
Team BQ Santo Domingo wishes you the best and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 days with a large group on a business trip. I'm the travel coordinator, so I interacted with the hotel staff often. Everyone was so helpful and nice! I spoke mostly in Spanish with them, but nearly every employee seemed to have a good command of English (for those travelers who are concerned). The rooms are big and clean. They have an air conditioner, a tv, an in-room safe (though a few of our travelers couldn't get theirs to work), and a great shower with constant hot water. The breakfast buffet was great, with a nice mix of local and American-style options. The pool is small, but the whole pool area is very pretty. One day there was a birthday party happening, so it was pretty crowded. The location isn't ideal- you have to take a taxi to the colonial zone and its main tourist attractions. However, they have taxis waiting outside, so it's very easy.
Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate all your generous comments about our wonderful staff & hotel.
We're very sorry about the security box issues of your partners,we would have solved it with any
problem.
It will be a pleasure to serve you in future trips to DR,
best regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hi , im writing this review while I am here at the hotel... So far it has been very good.. Ill start by saying the price of the hotel is excelent! The staff is good... They all try to speak english to you if you dont know spanish!!
The hotel is nice , the pool is on the rooftop which is pretty cool and they have a jacuzzi , bar and gym up there. Its a nice view to overloook the city. No beach here. You have to drive to boca chica about 15-20 min away.. Its a very central location. They have a great breakfast buffet. My girlfriend and I gave up our All inclusive hotel in Punta Cana to come here. Punta cana was just too boring for us.. We like to be around Real Dominicans verses A bunch of old Russians and Germans.. No Disrespect to them but they are just there to be tourist. We wanted to see the city.. We will defenitly be returning here Despite the fact that we had to change rooms 3 times the room we are in now is perfect!! Thank you BQ hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,
We appreciate your comment and satisfaction,
we're glad to see your gratitude through our property.
Although we apologize about the drawback on your room.
It will be a pleasure to serve you in your next D.R. trip,
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the BQ for just one night with my fiancee. Upon arrival, the staff greeted us and everyone was exceptionally friendly! Our room was adorable, just what we needed for the night. I gave the Sleep Quality an average rating because the beds were a bit stiff for my liking, but to each their own! We heard about Vent lounge on the roof of the hotel & planned on checking it out before ending our night, but our travels earlier in the day wore us out & we didnt get to experience it. The following morning we went up to the 8th floor where Vent is located & boy were we upset we didn't go the night before! What a beauty!!! Spectacular views of the capital from the roof, stylish decor, a pool, jacuzzi, & bar. The breakfast was buffet style and the options were endless! There was a lot of variety in the food. And again the staff was incredibly attentive and friendly. We sucked up the beauty of this hotel as much as we could before we had to check out. We left in agreement that the next time we visited Santo Domingo, without a doubt we would bring our friends & stay at BQ again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 612 with a view of the capital & an oceanview in the distance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Jordi N, Director de Relaciones Públicas at W&P Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Elisabeth,

We are very happy that our property has reached your expectatives,
through private message you can write us about your future R.D. travel,
and we will solve the bed issue with out any problem.
Our team appreciates your comments & satisfaction,

Jordi Navarro,