“Average hotel, nothing special”
Review of Hotel Napolitano

Hotel Napolitano
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel is pretty convenient and you do get ocean view, however, the first thing I found when I got to my room and pulled the cover of my bed was someone else's body hair. The mattress itself has seen better days, it had a big dip in the middle and it didn't have a mattress cover ( kinda gross). The TV in the room was from the 90's, you know a little box with terrible colors and definition. The bathroom needs a bit of remodeling, there were various cracks in the sink and shower. However, it was pretty clean and the water was hot and plenty, can't complain there. The AC in the room worked perfectly. The daily breakfast buffet was pretty good and the staff was friendly and helpful. The outside parking could use some improvement, our car was hit by another car overnight and they broke one of the tail lights. We told security immediately and they say since it was Sunday we had to wait for Monday for the security guy to check the cameras to see if they can see the license plate of the car that did it. The next morning we talk to the security guy and he said he would review it and call us. He never did. Before checking out we left them all our info and there's been a week and a half since and they haven't called, surprise! surprise! Bottom line is we won't come back to this hotel, I can pay a little bit more and stay down the street at a big chain hotel where I know the rooms will be impeccable, with a flat screen TV, the breakfast will be good and most of all my car will be secure in the parking lot and I won't have to make a claim to my insurance to pay for something that could've been avoided if they had parking security.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank PRGirl2012
Keyra F, Director of Sales at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear guest:
We greatly appreciate the taking of your important time to write us about your past experience at our hotel property, We value your comments. We thank you, too, for choosing our property for your stay.
We are working on the opportunity issues bruoght to our attention by you, We will be working on them to avoid this kind of situation to occur again.
Hoping to have the opportunity to host you again and show our commitment in achivieng a better experience in our hotel.

Again thank you.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my first time visiting Santo Domingo, I stayed at the Napolitano Hotel, this is an AWESOME hotel, I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are very clean, the restaurant is right there on the second floor and they have a Spa in which I totally took advantage of. The Breakfast was more than I ever expected, I've never seen so much food. They have a Barber Shop and a Casino right next to the Lobby. My room was on the 5th floor and the view of the ocean was absolutely beautiful. On my next visit I will be back at the Napolitano Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Keyra F, Director of Sales at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback!
It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your comment.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am staying at the Hotel Napolitano with a group for work.The hotel staff is very kind and provide a good service. The price for the hotel is very reasonable. The food is quite good and everyone in the group of 19 has stayed healthy! This hotel is right on par for the price point. There is a beautiful terrace which has a pool and loungers where you can enjoy the ocean view. There is swimmable beach across from the hotel, but the views are great. There is a very small dated casino attached to the hotel (only slots). I would stay here again for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Keyra F, Director of Sales at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review and sharing your feedback from your stay, we truly hope to host you again and continue to provide the excellent service that a guest such as you deserves.

Once again thank you.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This Hotel is located on the malecon in Santo Domingo, all rooms have nice sea views, AC works good and there is always hot water in the shower. The Hotel has a resturant with very good food, and there is also a spa in the hotel which provides massage and face treatments.
It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the old town, and the hotel has a nice swimmingpool

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Keyra F, Director of Sales at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Once again thank you.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have to agree with everything written in the prior review of this hotel.
The Napolitano has been my "Go To" hotel in Santo Somingo
I've stayed there on at least 6 different occasions and over all, have been very happy with it.

Unfortunately, my stay on Saturday 2/01/14 shows just how far the hotel has slipped.
In my case, I never did get a room key that worked. Tried 3 different times. Never worked.
The only way I could gain access to my room was to have the bell hop use his master key.

The casino is all but shut down. It has a couple of slot machines, that are only open a few hours during the day, but otherwise, it's closed.

The main sign out front appears to have lost over half the sign.
It used to have a ship on the top...that is now completely gone. No idea why.

The staff is still great, but the hotel is in need of a MAJOR over haul.

I paid $84.00 for my night, not a bad price especially for the location, but unfortunately the hotel is just not worth even that money right now.

I met a couple of tourists on my flight in and drove them to their hotel in town, the Holiday Inn.
Wow! Was that a fantastic hotel. Not the best location for me, but it was beautiful.

I understand the Juragua is closing in April for renovation, so I won't stay there till they get that done, the Napolitano is in major need of renovation, so I guess I'll try the Holiday Inn the next time down.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are always loud. If you are actually looking to sleep get something away fro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carl R
Franck S, Manager at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Sir: The Napolitano hotel would be happy to receive another chance to show you that the room key problem was resolved. The casino includes 31 video slot machines, a Mystery Jackpot, and opens 9am-1am every day. Our price is one of the most competitive in the malecon market. Please note that the live music at the Terrace ends @11pm wednesday-thursday and @1am on week ends. Thank you for emphasizing that Napolitano Hotel has a fantastic view and staff!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have stay in this hotel many times and kept comming back because of its employees. They are that good. But finally, the bad facilities deterred me from coming back. The Casino has no table games and closes at around 2:00 am. The elevators broke down every day. I had to literally walk up 8 stories 4 of the 9 nights I spend there. I stayed on the suite which was by itself on the 8th floor. 8 of the 9 nights I spend there, I had to come back down because the electronic suite key would not work. Two of those times I had gone up 8 floors using the stairs, only to have to go all the way down because of the electronic door key not working. The tv didnt work a couple of times. The same with the air conditioners in the bedroom.

The hotel really really really needs some serious refurbishment and untill I hear that it has been done, I will not be returning. On another note, The day I checked out, my flight was cancelled, so I called the hotel in order to gat another room for the night. I explained that I had rented the suite for 9 days and needed a room, I was ofered their cheapest room for a $100.00 a night, almost as much as I paid for the suite. I ended up going to the Jaragua and got a junior suite for $95.00 a night.

I said it before, the Napolitano employees are the only good thing about the hotel, but not even them are a good reason to go back. Think twice before stayng here, its just not worth it.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Vilma Lissette A, Manager at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

On behalf of the entire team of the Napolitano Hotel, we regret everything that happened during your stay in our hotel, Were technical problems that have been solved.

Your comment is very important to us because it helps us to improve every day in service to guests.

We would like to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel and guarantee a better stay.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

It is old and it is not maintained properly.
As a funny anecdote, we asked for a baby crib and they put that in the room beside ours. Just imagine when the guy of the room arrived and found this thing in his room. No comments about his reaction.
The hotel has a terrace with a kind of nightlife. The issue is on weekends because it finishes late and the noise will not leave you sleep.

Stayed: January 2014
Vilma Lissette A, Manager at Hotel Napolitano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear guest. We apologize for any inconvenience suffered during your stay in our hotel, customers are our priority.

We really hope to have the opportunity to serve you better at your next stay.

Best Regards,