The location of the hotel is pretty convenient and you do get ocean view, however, the first thing I found when I got to my room and pulled the cover of my bed was someone else's body hair. The mattress itself has seen better days, it had a big dip in the middle and it didn't have a mattress cover ( kinda gross). The TV in the room was from the 90's, you know a little box with terrible colors and definition. The bathroom needs a bit of remodeling, there were various cracks in the sink and shower. However, it was pretty clean and the water was hot and plenty, can't complain there. The AC in the room worked perfectly. The daily breakfast buffet was pretty good and the staff was friendly and helpful. The outside parking could use some improvement, our car was hit by another car overnight and they broke one of the tail lights. We told security immediately and they say since it was Sunday we had to wait for Monday for the security guy to check the cameras to see if they can see the license plate of the car that did it. The next morning we talk to the security guy and he said he would review it and call us. He never did. Before checking out we left them all our info and there's been a week and a half since and they haven't called, surprise! surprise! Bottom line is we won't come back to this hotel, I can pay a little bit more and stay down the street at a big chain hotel where I know the rooms will be impeccable, with a flat screen TV, the breakfast will be good and most of all my car will be secure in the parking lot and I won't have to make a claim to my insurance to pay for something that could've been avoided if they had parking security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of the Caribbean Sea, just a few steps from the Colonial City. Facilities: Terrace-Restaurant, swimming pool, live music, free Wi-Fi, parking and taxis. All rooms have ocean view and are fully equipped. The closest beach to Santo Domingo is 34km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Napolitano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napolitano Hotel And Casino
- Napolitano Hotel Santo Domingo