“Girls Week Deb & Donna”
Review of Yasika Adventures - CLOSED

Yasika Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Pioneers in Zip-line Adventures in the north coast of the Dominican Republic, we are geared towards nature preservation as well as safety. The park is located within a 30 minute scenic drive from Puerto Plata, which along the way you can enjoy spectacular views of the city and the Atlantic Ocean. Our highly trained staff received their training by technicians from Costa Rica, where the zip lining tour idea originated. Our goal is to make each participant'€™s experience unique.
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Every A pril, my friend and I do a week in Puerto Plata.We stay at the Barcello and spend the
week trying new things. Two years ago we Zip lined at Yasika. We had an incredible time. Last
year we tried the other Zip line .but didn't care for it at all.When we returned this year.we
returned to Yasika and relived our first incredible experience. The guides were very safety
oriented,knowledgeable and proffessional.We really enjoyed being in control of our speed
and landing. when we return again next year. we will once again do Yasika park.

2  Thank Bruce T

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Family of 4 with 2 teenage boys and a Mom who is afraid of heights. By the 2nd run Mom was a pro! This was only possible because the experienced staff were over the top when it came to education, safety and personal comfort. Language is no barrier as the crew was able to communicate in Spanish, English and French.
The 30 minute truck ride to the site was a tour in itself, traveling through the farmlands and hillside villages. Keep your camera at the ready. However taking pictures is a little tough due to the bumpy ride.
Hot morning in the forest was quenched with a platter of fresh fruit provided and $2 beer or soft drinks afterward.

4  Thank johnp4419
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Wow, I had a great time at Yasika Adventures from start to finish! Our guide, Edward, and camera man, Johnny AKA Steven Spielberg, made this adventure top notch! All the staff were very friendly and safety was certainly a priority. I felt very secure with their equipment and liked the fact that they double checked our harness. We were a group of six. The youngest was 13 and the oldest-old enough not to have to answer that question :-) We all had a fantastic time and left there wanting to do more! One in our group was too nervous to go on her own so Edward rode along with her. They had fresh fruit waiting for us at the end. The tour went quick, about 4 hours including the 40 mins it took to get there and 40 mins back to our hotel. I would definitely recommend Yasika to anyone looking for an adventure while staying in Puerto Plata! I loved it! Also, I would suggest to bring along $30 or enough for a deposit to purchase the video at the end of the tour.

2  Thank Berniee81
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Had a lot of fun. Our first time zip lining. Went with my hubby, friends, and our 8 year old son. Little bit of a rough ride from our resort but got to see the local areas. We all loved the zip lining sooo much. The instructors and staff were very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

After waiting for over an hour for the pickup transportation I finally got someone from our resort to call them and they told me personally that they were not coming to get us because other people backed out and that it was not profitable for them to come and get us despite us already paying the deposit. I asked them it they felt that we at least deserved a phone call saying that no one was coming and they said no, I asked them if they would come get us later that day that said no, I asked if we take a taxi there if they would reduce the price of the ziplining to conpensate for not picking us up and they said absolutly not. This guy on the phone was very rude to me and acted as if I was asking something special even though it was there fault we were sitting at the hotel for over an hour with no idea what was going on. We ultimately gave up and were able to find the rep that sold us the excursion and get some of our money back. Obviously these guys have never heard of the phrase "the customer comes first."

2  Thank 49463chris
Yasika_Adventures, General Mgr Assistant at Yasika Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

We needed to cancel the tour the day of your reservation due to technical difficulties. The tour operator were informed of our situation and it was their responsibility to contact the customer of any inconvenience.

Yasika Adventures is not responsible for calling the customer unless the tour is booked directly with us

The tour was moved to the next day, which we did inform the tour operator, and they did advise you of then new schedule but you decided not to pay for the tour. Unfortunately
if a customer does not pay the tour operator, they will not book the reservation with us

We do appreciate that you have reported this incident to us, we do not conduct bussiness this way (as you can see the good reviews), good service and your security is our upmost concern.

If you would like to contact us about this incident please send us an email to info@yasikaadventures.com or give us a call and we will gladly discuss it with you.