“Paradise- one should never miss ..”

Jasmine Spa and Wellness
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Preston, United Kingdom
“Paradise- one should never miss ..”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Well were does one start. A very dear friend told me about this heavenly place in the Dominican Republic, and my trip was sold.. I arrived to the wonderful place and was greeted by such warm, kind beautiful people.. I knew as soon as i arrived i was going to enjoy this dream experience. I couldnt imagine i was going to feast my eyes on such beauty, every which way i turned it took my breath away. The treatments were second to none, the food was heavenly, presentation 100%.. To miss slipping into this beautiful retreat,which is hid away up a mountain in the Dominican Republic, one as never lived ! My stay was for 5 days my memory a life time.. Thanks to all the wonderful people that made a dream become reality x Michelle Walch

Room Tip: no tip required, all good
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank 187062Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is my second time at the spa and it just keeps getting better, Jonathon the new manager was awesome and toured us though the organic gardens and the massages were the best, the natural habitant is amazing and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RonandCrystal
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We did the full day spa treatment. It was wonderful, started the day with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, an hour relaxation massage, tour of the beautiful gardens and facility, horseback riding. They fixed us a 5 course gourmet lunch, it was wonderful. Then a mud bath and dip in the waterfall springs. Then for our second treatment your choice of a pedicure, manicure, facial or scalp massage. Everything was organized so perfectly you felt like we were the only one there. Jonathon was a great host. Anyone who has a chance to spend a day or more here would be greatful for the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kfonte
Santa Fe
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My sister and I were going on the Conscious Breath Adventures (swimming with humpback whales on a live aboard) and needed a place to spend the night prior to getting on the boat and the last day when we docked, we had all day since our flight did not leave until late afternoon. Anis, the owner had us picked up from the airport, welcomed us with a cool drink. Included in our stay was a massage, facial, mani/pedi, mud bath, a horse ride through their organic garden followed by a 5 course organic lunch. Took us to the marina, picked us up a week later and had all the above again and then we were driven to the airport. We spent the entire day in robes that were provided. It was a wonderful transition before and after the rest of our trip.

Jonathan who is Anis's right hand man is charming, present and a lovely addition to her lovely staff.
Linda

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank kiwi1599
Grande Prairie
Reviewed 6 February 2011

My husband and I went for a full day Spa, and must say it was simply an amazing experience. The place is absolutely beautiful, Jonathon, our guide was very polite, funny and well mannered. He took us on the tour of the grounds, and I have never seen anything like it. All the different types of foods and herbs they are growing is pretty amazing. We did a short horse ride too, and I really must say these horses are well taken care of compared to some that I saw in Peurto Plata. You must remember it's not like Canada, I couldn't believe how the cows looked, but they were eating lots so they just look different. At one of the other hotels, there was horses pulling buggies and I can NOT believe how horrible they looked. I really think they (Jasmine Spa) looks after their animals. The massages were great. And again, just different then ours here, but I thought they were really good and I go in Canada a LOT and have had very bad massages. They girls were really polite, shy because they don't know a lot of English, but that is what happens when you go to a different Country. The clay bath at the natural springs was one of the highlights of the trip. We were in complete seclusion and it was exhilerating. We also had a facial and scalp treatment. The facial was really nice, all natural stuff. I love that they aren't trying to sell you everything under the sun. The scalp treatment was nice. The coconut oil did wonders to my hair. And the food was fantasic. Everything came from their garden (all the herbs and fruit and vegetables anyways) and my husband LOVED the carrot soup and he doesn't even LIKE carrots!!

The best part of the whole thing though was talking with Anis, the owner. What a one of a kind person. Her heart is just pure. She has done many good things for the community and she is just so full of wanting to help people. I would love to got back and actually stay at the spa for a few nights.

Even my husband enjoyed it (more than he will say! lol)! I made him go, but in the end he said he was glad he went too.

Our taxi ride was the only thing that wasn't good. Only because in Puerto Plata they have NO road rules like here and everyone drives as fast and crazy as they can! lol But that isn't the spas fault, that is just the way it is in that country. On our way home his car broke down so we had to way half an hour for him to go get a different vehicle. But he was kind and he got us to and from safely. Any of the other activities we did the driving was scary, so don't let that deter you from going to the Spa.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this to everyone. Its a natural and simple place, that has all the real beauty of the environment going for it. Everything just fit in with the environment instead of ruining it. It was a life changing expereience.

3 Thank JennNord
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 February 2011

After two days of touring and being bombarded by shopkeepers and "guides" trying to sell us stuff, it was delightful to get personal and unpressured treatment at Jasmine. We read reviews both before and after our trip, which was two weeks ago, and we have to say, it's all are true! We too were in the small, rickety car on terrible roads, and shared the trip with another couple (welcome to the DR). The other couple was lovely, and we enjoyed spending the day with them. The massage huts had amazing views, and what the masseuses lacked in technique they made for with their warmth and enthusiasm. Lunch was delicious, and included chicken (not veggie). The horses were in better shape than others we rode that week, and the mud bath and spring were an exceptional experience.

Overall, we definitely recommend. They don't take credit cards -- so plan ahead to have enough cash if you want to experience this lovely and special place.

1 Thank karen_n_fred
around the world..
Reviewed 29 January 2011

We booked the hall day which is 140 dollars per person.
The driver came to pick us up with Jonathan..the guide (who was excellent)
The car was so old..and the road so awful.
We had a flat tire as the driver was in a big big hurry!
Anyway...we didn;t pay attention....as it awas an adventurous day
We arrived at Jasmine...a welcome juice was offered to us!
NOT FRESH....WITH SPARKLES
THEY HAVE SO MANY FRUITS AT THEIR GARDENS AND THE GAVE US BOTLLED JUICE.
The location is nice...in the jungle but the don't keep it clean.
Jonathan...an excellent and polite person showed us their gardens....
Many beautiful flowers but many trash all over.
Cans-papers-etc
Horses are very stinky , they smell bad and they are in a bad condition.
They are not well fed and they look exhausted!
i felt sorry for them.
Then we went fot the massage..
The masagge spots are like wooden tree houses in the jungle, which was really good as you can hear bird sounds!!
But the therapists are not real masseurs.
The don't know anything.
Random moves and not not real massage.
It's a same...they earn much money...they could have trained them.
The facial was also nothing.
Just a cream and 5 minutes facial massage.
15minutes in total.
The mub baths were fine...we really enjoyed them.
The food was also good.
But i would prefer to keep my money for something else.
Not worth it

3 Thank c0wb0y83
Anni2007, Manager at Jasmine Spa and Wellness, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Glad you agree that our location is nice, our Massage Rooms were really good , as you could hear bird sounds when you were being massaged, Jonathan, our guide was excellent and that you enjoyed the food and Mud bath

Our juices are made fresh, as you could see that we have lots of fruits and vegetables on our 40 acres of land. We have four people that are dedicated to maintaining and cleaning the grounds of Jasmine Spa and Wellness.

All our Massage Therapist are professional trained and deliver excellent massages and spa treatment.

We have changed the Taxi service that we had when you had come to Jasmine Spa and Wellness.

Our Half Day Spa ($89.00 US) does not include lunch and Spa treatment, you were at Jasmine Spa and Wellness for a Full Day Spa. Day Spa is $125.00 US and $15.00 transportation from Playa Dorada complex.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Que Dios le Bendiga Siempre...
May God bless you always ...

Anis Kara, RMT