The palm roofed wood cabins nestle into the trees and look out from high in the hills over the Puerto Plata coast line. The views are incredible. We woke and looked out from our bed to see the sun rise over the coast. We ate a very tasty communal meal of a variety of different dishes in the restaurant/bar - which again has stunning views. The owner, Tim, was very helpful and knowledgeable, and planned us an itinerary to go on a road trip around the country and arranged us a hire car. The other staff were also very helpful and friendly. It feels quite remote and peaceful there - a great place to chill after spending some time at the beach. We took a guided hike through the countryside to some waterfalls where we swam in the pools, taking in some local communities and meeting the guide's family. A fantastic experience - well worth checking out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge is a rustic mountain chateau with amazing ocean views, a family-run estate operated B&B-style only 20 minutes from Puerto Plata airport, city and beaches. There is nothing else like it on the Dominican Republic's north coast. If you love nature, fresh air, fabulous views, a cozy bed and great food, you'll LOVE The Tubagua Plantation. See you in Tubagua! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tubagua Plantation Eco Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata