Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$157
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$149
Hotels.com
Be Live Collection Marien(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$237
  • Breakfast included
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$130
  • Pool
US$158
US$129
US$200
US$131
  • Pool
ClubHotel Riu Merengue(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$113
TripAdvisor
1,450 results
All reviewsanimation teamfried chickenhorseback ridingpineapplea lot of funping pongbeach volleyballa great vacationcleaned dailynightly showsbad reviewscanadablastdancingpesosfranciscohola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

It's exactly what we wanted and exactly what we needed. Food was decent, The food was very good. There was a different theme in the buffet each night and always found something to eat.  Loved the omelet in the morning as well as the fruit smoothies. Very clean rooms, pools, etc. Staff is unbelievably friendly, Check in was fast but we only got 1 key which didn't work. A quick trip back to the reception fixed this little problem. The resort is big and clean. We like it very much. The beach was great. Lots of chairs and shaded area's if desired,. All in all this hotel was an excellent bang for your buck. Its said to be the best resort in Puerto Plata. I can testify to that. It’s a definite go to place in the Caribbean. I can confidently state that this is a magical place with fantastic food, entertainment, and incredibly lovely staff. the weather was great so so hot, the pool area is lovely, I would recommend it.  Senneddy Hussedey- Canada

6  Thank Senneddy
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have to thank first to all the friendly staff for making this our dream vacation. We were upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Suite-Ocean View, our second home from now on!! It's so amazing. The staff always made sure we have the best of the best. Within minutes we need something - we got it. Our room was cleaned a few times a day, or upon request. The chef Marcel is very The new Swimming pool is so beautiful, we stayed in 5 star hotels in the past and well only be back here. The service is what gives us the feeling that we are the only guests. If you are still debating were to go, this is the place. You won't regret it. We can't wait to book next year. (Lalie Bouillon) from Canada

5  Thank lalie b
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Just returned from a wonderful Vacation at the Celuisma Palya Dorada, Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. We are frequent visitors to this Hotel Over the years and we have become friends with most of the staff and have never had an unpleasant experience. One thing that has caught our attention is their never-ending efforts to provide customer satisfaction, I observed has been much progress made in upgrading and renovating the rooms and other areas of the Hotel, They have now and Beautiful swimming pool, which is amazing. There’re 4 restaurants but we prefer to eat in the main buffet. The food is excellent with a wide range of selections to satisfy your individual taste.
There is always a show in the evening along with dancing for all each night.
We know you would enjoy your visit to our casa (your home away from home). So if you have not been back to the hotel or considering coming to the hotel we know you will be very pleased by all that is offered.
We will be returning in November. (Stephanie Hubbert) from Canada

6  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 28 January 2012

First of all I would like to bring to your attention the Bell Boy called Chino. He has been an angel to my sister and I during our stay. Your employee Chino Bell Boy has shown and demonstrated us more then an excellent service. As I find very regrettable not being able to post this letter on the internet, I am taking personally the time to write you about the service we have had from your employee Chino or Guillermo, Bell Boy at your hotel.

He is a well spoken man in english, gave us an excellent service always with a smile, ready to serve at any time and never a hand out waiting for a tip. He served us as a real gentleman, with an exemplary politeness, helped me and my sister in any way possible he could bring us. Chino is an example to all as a working man in your hotel. I would like to congratulate you for having employed such a valued employee towards the quality of services rendered to us and to other customers as I saw him being in service and working hard to please every one of your guests in the hours of his daily schedule.

He was there to help us with the keys whom needed to be often changed.

I also want to put to your attention your employee Ramon Bar Tender who always served us great drinks with an always caring smile to his customers.

As for the hotel and our stay, it was very pleasant though the changes of rooms needed to be because of the extra humidity and the mal function of the air conditioner who froze and stopped working, making a mess of water on the floor and on our personal items. Your employee Chino was there as usual to help us out and found us a much better room on the second floor.

I would like also to thank you for the management of the quality of the food served either at the big cafeteria with a multitude of choices to eat and a thank you to the chef and all who are working hard to cook and bring us clients a variety of foods to eat as well as vegetarians or as meat eaters. The breakfast had all that was needed to eat a wonderful breakfast and the juices as well as the fruits were excellent to taste and eat.

Your restaurants also were nice and the food as well as the service were very pleasant to be in.

In general the staff of your hotel was very good hard working people eager to please us during our stay.

I would like to make an emphasis to the brilliance of your Bell Boy named Chino who gives a high note to your hotel as an exemplary employee to the clients who comes for a relaxation and see the beauty of the sea and of your country.

I surely will be a guest again at your hotel to enjoy the quality of stay and hopefully see Chino at an up graded level of employment with higher wages which I have no clue how much is his salary but wisely enough he does deserve to be congratulated by his own manager and the manager of the Hotel Celuisma.

Sincerely yours,

Your previous guests and future ones.

Michelle and Louise Malouin.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Negrita985
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is the fourth time we go back to this Hotel, we come from Canada, The beach was amazing. Super soft sand and pretty good beach service. We had a wonderful time. The food is very good, The chef Marcel is always there for you. the staff is terrific and there has been much progress made in upgrading and renovating the rooms
I'd recommend this place to friends as it is pretty appropriately priced. Can't speak highly enough of this beach though. It was simply amazing.
Patrick Fussaulx