“Awesome Vacation!”

Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Hamilton, Canada
“Awesome Vacation!”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Last summer was exceptional in this hotel. They offer an excellent service. The food is good, could be improved. Buffet always clean and varied. The entertainment staff is the best, this never boring here! The beach is beautiful and big, lots of beach and sun. The rooms are good according to the price. Really a very good option for vacationing. Additionally there are really great places to visit nearby. The city tour not to be missed, especially the cable car, a beautiful view! The next summer we'll be there :)

Room Tip: Building 19 highly recommended
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roman B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is the most horrible place I have been the people that work here r so money hungry, the room was full of roaches the drinks sucked the food was even worse please don't go here it's not even a 1 star hotel it's projects turned in to a hotel, the first thing I did was go to the Internet cafe to look for another hotel , I took my loss and booked a room at the "RIU" and Im staying there the rest of my vaca the RIU is awesome that god Amex refunded my money holy crab celiusma is garbage

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Lazny82

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Plata hotels

Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The customer service at Celuisma is really what makes the hotel great! I spent a week there in August.

All of the hotel staff (from the reception to the waiters and even the cooks) are more than willing to cater to the guests. They are all very friendly and always seem happy. Also, in case your Spanish isn't up to par- it seems that everyone can speak a little English and probably French and Portuguese too!

The front desk staff were very helpful and gave me a lot of information about the area; housekeeping kept everything very clean; the restaurant/bar staff brought us anything we asked for and were great with making certain things the way we wanted them...

Yenise is one of the best!!!
Along with Ernesto, Jose, Guillermo, Orquidea, Denise and the list goes on and on...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank LoveToTravelod
Toronto
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I have stayed here several times in the last few years. Always had a great time. Check is was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpfull, I was upgraded to a oceanview suite free of charge, wow! Room was clean and large, renovated and steps away from the ocean.

The special restaurants were alternating between 3 of them Italian, caribbean and Mexican, Service at all 3 were great.

House keeping and security were always around to help. The resort was not full as I was there for 3 weeks. Special thanks to the staff and management- Ferreira, Ramon, Karen and Ernesto and Orlando!

My only downside was the internet at the hotel was slow, but its a company called MASSA, so not celuisma's fault.

Cant wait to return!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank blackagent007
San Francisco de Macoris, Dominican Rep
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Recently I went to a Honeymoon. My best friend (also my best man) recomend me this Resort. So I book it. A short while after booking I decided to read the reviews that Tripadvisor had to say. They were dreary, most of them. I was going very scared that it was going to be horrible. They were wrong. The staff was great, the rooms are very good (no problems with the room) food was great, and it was a great value for money. Im not saying that the others reviews were lying, Im sayin that the quality has gotten better.

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank OJavierMD
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My boyfriend and I went to DR this summer and stayed at the Lifestyle resort for 5 days, we missed our flight back to Cali and had to extend 5 more days. We ended up at Celuisma resort by the help of some people from the DR airport. The first thing we noticed was the staff, they were very helpful and very nice to us. The room was very clean, spacious, and modern. The one thing I did not like about the room was that it was a little dark but my boyfriend liked it that way so we did not change our room. The plus side of this resort is the beach. It is golden sand very smooth, clean, and the water is blue and clear, dont forget to take mosqeto proplent with you, I got mosqeto bits the last day on the trip. I can's say enough about the staff they are very friendly and nice, nightly entertainment was very nice as well, drinks are a little water down so if you want a strong drink get the long island ice tea they make it very strong and one drink will get you drunk. The buffet was avrage and if you are staying there long you will get tired of eating the same thing everyday so it is very important to make reservations for the restureants. The Carrabian one has a stake that is very good and tasty, I wouldent order the fish, it was very bland. At the Italian restureant the pasta with beef was good. The pool is nice and clean but the pool area looked kind of cheep because of the plastic tables and chairs they use. Overall Celuisma was an ok resort for a resonable price but if it is possibel to put up a little more money and stay at the lifestyle resort I would.

Room Tip: We were in building 13 which was close to the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I've stayed at the Celuisma Playa Dorada last winter and had a great time.
I just came back from a second trip in Dominican and decided to stay at the same resort.
I was not disappointed.

Rooms:
The resort is under renovations. I was put in a renovated building. I'd asked for a 2nd or 3rd floor room and was given one on the first floor. Without complaining, they were more than happy to switch me to what I had asked for. The safe was an electronic one, but there was not batteries. One simple call to front desk and a guy was coming to fix it. Yes, it took almost 45 minutes, but it's Dominican time. You have to keep that in mind.

My room was big, clean and new. I had hot water every day except for one. I didn't mind. Flatscreen TV was nice when getting ready for supper or show.

Food:
Buffet is good. They change the theme every night. It ain't fine gourmet, but you don't go to a Dominican resort to eat like a king. Food was good, had variety and I didn't eat the same thing twice.

Animation:
They are the reason I went back. They are amazing. Even if the hotel didn't have that many guests, they are still up and going, making sure you are having a good time. The nightly shows are funny and different every night. Rabbet is the funniest (and more handsome) and one of the best dancers. Leo is the cutest, happiest and more funny girl there. She's great at teaching spanish classes in the morning and always makes you feel loved and she's very friendly. Richi, Minime and Jose are great too. But Rabbet and Leo are my favorites!! I hope that are still there when I go back next winter, otherwise I'd be very disappointed.

Don't be fooled by the nasty reviews. You get what you pay for. It's ain't a 5 stars resorts, but again, it's not advertised as one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo