I am glad I did not let the negative comments on this site allow me to deprive me of one of my best travel experiences ever. And I am as experienced a traveler as they come. I have been to just about every Caribbean island and Central American country.
The location is great, the resort is well laid out and offers everything you would need to have an enjoyable vacation. The staff is second to none when it comes to trying to please its guests in every way. They definitely DO CARE about their guests. For what it's worth, keep your "free rating" where it belongs.... I strongly disagree with the negative comments regarding the management. I spoke to most of he ones that count and found them easily to be more accommodating than one would find back home. (I speak their language),
Their extra effort to serve some breakfasts and suppers on the beach in the open tropical air deserves special mention. What their animation staff may lack in talent they more than make up with their most exceptional enthusiasm. The lovely Esmeralda and the very lively Esther deserve special mention here. They could lower the volume of their amplifiers a bit but I carry hearing protection for just such eventualities.
This is not a brand new resort but it is very well kept, grounds and all. For 2 weeks I stayed in one of the older rooms in block 21 and it was very clean, serviceable and never lacked anything of importance. Once I did not get my daily drinking water bottles and the "management" immediately corrected the situation. The maid personally apologized the next day saying she had just run out. Whoever would complain about that sort of thing had better stay home and clean their own rooms and toilets.
The food all around was very good with lots of options and variety. There was always plenty of fresh fruit, much better than I had experienced in a 5 star resort in Cuba. They will make your eggs or custom omelette right in front of you and the servers fall all over themselves to serve you cafe, juice or whatever if only you show some kindness, perhaps a smile and some appreciation. They really work very hard and do not seem to mind. The odd tip helps but really is not necessary. Attitude is more important than anything - you get back what you give - manyfold.
This resort offers very good value for what you pay. The set up is more personal and family like compared to other fancier resorts. It was easy to meet and speak to anyone, guests or staff. The Dominican people are their country's greatest asset and this is a great place to meet some of them and have a wonderful vacation at a fantastic beach location.
I can't wait to be able to go back and would recommend this place to any reasonable and realistically thinking person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA The Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada guarantees you a unique beach holiday in one of the most complete and welcoming All Inclusive hotels in Puerto Playa, Dominican Republic. Specialized in weddings and events on the beach, this hotel is the perfect setting for some unforgettable holidays. Located in the amazing Playa Dorada, 5 km away from Puerto Plata, this hotel for weddings in the Dominican Republic offers endless customized services and state-of-the-art facilities for events: spa, swimming pools, nearby golf, water sports, parties, restaurants... Discover one of the liveliest hotels in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata: book a hotel at the best price, only here, on the official website of the Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tropical Playa Dorada
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Resort
- Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata