I decided to book my vacation at this resort even after reading the horrid reviews on here so I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I made sure to go there with the lowest expectations and a "make the best out of it" mentality and that served me well throughout my entire trip.
I'll lay everything out for the sake of the review, just to help future travellers make their decision.
-The food was absolutely fantastic!
-The service depended on who was working. Some were extremely sweet and friendly while others looked miserable and would entirely forget about us and/or what we asked for.
-The male staff.. Being 3 young women, we got a lot of...attention.. Most of them were funny about it so it wasn't bothersome but others were pretty inappropriate which was annoying but we noticed, when we went into the city, that literally all the men in Puerto Plata have an infatuation with women so we just brushed it off.
-The resort as a whole could use some renovations but the condition isn't terrible.
-Our room was very spacious. We got 2 double beds which were comfortable enough (despite mine being slightly broken).
-Hardly any entertainment at night but, if you're into the club scene, there's a night club nearby. The resort has its own club but it was completely empty the 2 nights we went.
-Location is great. Its about a 4 minute walk to Playa Dorada Plaza (which includes shops, a two storey mall, bars, a night club (mentioned above) called Club 46, and a bank) and about a 5-6 minute drive to Malecon.
So, could things have been better? Obviously. But honestly, the negatives really didn't affect my trip at all. I even forgot about these minor details till now.
At the end of the day, this can't be stressed enough, you get what you pay for. You want grand and luxurious? You won't get that here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA The Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada guarantees you a unique beach holiday in one of the most complete and welcoming All Inclusive hotels in Puerto Playa, Dominican Republic. Specialized in weddings and events on the beach, this hotel is the perfect setting for some unforgettable holidays. Located in the amazing Playa Dorada, 5 km away from Puerto Plata, this hotel for weddings in the Dominican Republic offers endless customized services and state-of-the-art facilities for events: spa, swimming pools, nearby golf, water sports, parties, restaurants... Discover one of the liveliest hotels in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata: book a hotel at the best price, only here, on the official website of the Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tropical Playa Dorada
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Resort
- Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata