“Plan on returning”

Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have just recently booked my 3rd trip to this property for January 2015. we are bringing the entire family this time. the property has been going through some upgrades so I suggest the renovated room when booking as the older room need some work. the staff are friendly and helpful and seem to go out of their way to get what you ask for. during the day, i very rarely had to get up for a drink or get rid of some garbage, Narciso was right there making sure my cup was full. he even took care of our 1 year old in making sure her bottle was cold and fresh. Gerimo always carried our bags to and from our room, even when we switched rooms, he was right there to help us. I suggest getting the renovated rooms as the older ones are old! my wife really liked the Caribbean restaurant, the service, food and wine were all good. We went fishing one day, caught a fish and the Caribbean restaurant had no problem cooking it for us. the weekends can be busy with locals but, I always had a pool chair, never waited in line for drinks or food.

Room Tip: pay the extra for renovated room or better. the old rooms need some work but the upgraded rooms are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Darren W

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I decided to book my vacation at this resort even after reading the horrid reviews on here so I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I made sure to go there with the lowest expectations and a "make the best out of it" mentality and that served me well throughout my entire trip.

I'll lay everything out for the sake of the review, just to help future travellers make their decision.

Overall;

-The food was absolutely fantastic!
-The service depended on who was working. Some were extremely sweet and friendly while others looked miserable and would entirely forget about us and/or what we asked for.
-The male staff.. Being 3 young women, we got a lot of...attention.. Most of them were funny about it so it wasn't bothersome but others were pretty inappropriate which was annoying but we noticed, when we went into the city, that literally all the men in Puerto Plata have an infatuation with women so we just brushed it off.
-The resort as a whole could use some renovations but the condition isn't terrible.
-Our room was very spacious. We got 2 double beds which were comfortable enough (despite mine being slightly broken).
-Beautiful beach.
-Hardly any entertainment at night but, if you're into the club scene, there's a night club nearby. The resort has its own club but it was completely empty the 2 nights we went.
-Location is great. Its about a 4 minute walk to Playa Dorada Plaza (which includes shops, a two storey mall, bars, a night club (mentioned above) called Club 46, and a bank) and about a 5-6 minute drive to Malecon.

So, could things have been better? Obviously. But honestly, the negatives really didn't affect my trip at all. I even forgot about these minor details till now.
At the end of the day, this can't be stressed enough, you get what you pay for. You want grand and luxurious? You won't get that here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jessi V
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Came to this hotel this past April for a 2 week stay, we were a group of 5 young families, with a total of 20 people and not one of us had a negative comment about this hotel, due to the fact that every employee was on point when it came to giving the best customer service possible, Guest services at the front desk was excellent, bar tenders, kitchen restaurant staff, the intertainment staff..

Our hotel rooms were always clean, we always had clean towels in the room which is a PLUS PLUS! It's not a huge or fancy hotel but I much prefer the smaller, cause the journey from one place to another is super quick, and not a 2 hour walk from my room to the beach and another 1 hour back to the pool ect ect .. Like other resorts.

BY THE WAY, THIS RESORT HAS THE CLEANEST BETH OF ALL THE OTHER HOTELS NEAR, THAT'S ALSO A PLUS!
My family and I will definitely return, to this hotel.

Reviews are always good, but we all have a different minds and think different, WHAT MIGHT BE BAD FOR OTHERS, MIGHT NOT BE BAD FOR YOU!

I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet, a very clean beach and hotel, great customer service and just a great destination for your next vacation.

Pamela L.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dior L
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Boy oh boy. I book there for all inclusive.however, upon check in, I was informed that my booking was not for all inclusive. They wanted more money. The bathroom had a big dead roach. The little fridge in the room was emptied. I called 2 times and was promised a refill, which never took place. The cable TV was off upon arrival. The food was mostly lousy fast food. Drinks tasted like water. The bars are almost liquor empty, and customer service never brought in the iron that was promised on the telephone. Workers complaining that they haven't get a month pay.this is the worst resort in Puerto Plata that I have been. I visit resorts in Puerto Plata at least 2 times per year.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank kamilo202
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I came here with my friend over easter and was probably the WORST place I had been. We were two girls travelling and we not picky all we wanted was a clean place to stay with a nice beach! When we arrived someone was already at the front complaining and that should have been our first clue but instead we figured they were being picky.
Our room had no phone which was a safety concern, no AC, no COLD water, no fridge and the door didn't close all the way! we asked for someone to fix it and the man came 3 times, tinkered around said ti was fixed and it wasn't! we asked a million times to change rooms every day, the front desk gave us attitude or played dumb. the food wasn't great although the mexican restaurant was good.

Don't go here! trust the reviews and don't come even if its cheap!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank LibbeyW
Reviewed 5 June 2014

to the person who complained about this..they DO have gorgeous units for SALE at only $69,000 for a 2 bedroom with amazing furniture, two huge TV's an amazing beachfront balcony
WITH a Jacuzzi!! Even the 1 bedrooms are WORTH EVERY penny!! AND you can use many other properties worldwide BUT they are NOT Timeshares!!..YOU OWN IT!..with NO annual maintainance fees!!..or taxes...IMPOSSIBLE to beat!! AND the staff are VERY NICE TOO!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This trip was planned to celebrate our 35th anniversary and everything they promised me was a lie. The hotel was run down and needed refreshing. They only wanted to suck you into buying their "timeshares". They call it a vacation club, but a timeshare by any other name is still a timeshare. Celuisma I'd have to say no! The weekends were busy with locals, so lots of food and entertainment. After they left we had only one choice for restaurants per night,and it was just the regular blah food, just served a-la-carte! Would I go back? Not a chance!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room facing ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple