My boyfriend and I stayed at Tropical Playa Dorada from Dec 28 - Jan4th 08/09. It was our first time at an all-inclusive together and we had an amazing time. We were in a 2-floor penthouse close to both the beach and buffet area. The room was clean and well decorated with a view of the tennis courts.
The beach was incredible, probably the best part of beach on the whole strip. The shore is cleaned daily and there were plenty of lounge chairs. However, if you want a covered hut make sure you get to the beach early!
The pool area is nice too, but to be honest, the beach is so beautiful you'll probably spend all your time there! The food was good, breakfast is great, and you can eat lunch at the beach at the Beach Bar (hamburgers, chicken, fries etc.) Dinner was good too, but my advice is to book some reservations at the a la carte restaurants (at front desk in the morning) for a couple nights during your stay. The Mexican and Carribean restaurants were my favourite. We were there for New Year's Eve and had a lot of fun. They had a live band and fireworks and champagne at midnight.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the chambermaids who never hesitated to give me an extra towel or pillow. (Tip-not all the rooms have hair dryers so ask front desk for one when you arrive).
We also did a couple of day trips. Definitely check out Cabarete for the kite-surfing and Puerto Plata city. You can go by cab but you can also take the 'bus' (called the 'wa-wa') for much much cheaper....and trust me it's quite an experience :)
Overall, we had a great time and can't wait to go back sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL BEACH HOUSE PLAYA DORADA The Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada guarantees you a unique beach holiday in one of the most complete and welcoming All Inclusive hotels in Puerto Playa, Dominican Republic. Specialized in weddings and events on the beach, this hotel is the perfect setting for some unforgettable holidays. Located in the amazing Playa Dorada, 5 km away from Puerto Plata, this hotel for weddings in the Dominican Republic offers endless customized services and state-of-the-art facilities for events: spa, swimming pools, nearby golf, water sports, parties, restaurants... Discover one of the liveliest hotels in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Tropical Playa Dorada
- Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada Resort
- Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata