“Good things in a day”

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
New York City, New York
“Good things in a day”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My vacations on Grand Paradise was amazing, the best vacation in my life, so many things i liked on the hotel, the location is excellent, is so near of many resorts and the service is awesome, especially from mr Jesús Castro, he was a very good employee, congratulations for your very good job Jesús.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Magalys R,

On behalf of Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, we sincerely appreciate your comments.

It's great to know that your experience with us were amazing and that you enjoyed your stay with the service of Jesus Castro.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
canada
Reviewed 17 April 2013

in this hotel and enjoy the most amazing pass him i much comment and was doubtful whether he would or not but I can say that the hotel is tops for lunch is pretty good the room are beautiful as is the beach and pool holiday pass sensational all staff is friendly maintenance met a young Guillermo Diaz is a good jolly good worker is very friendly while we were conditioned to soften reglaba the well educated and I liked the way he like my wife. The waiter are attentive hope that soon again had a good

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lorenso D,

It's our pleasure to learn that you've had a delightful stay with us and with the company of Guillermo Diaz, we will be more than happy to share this comments with him.

We all hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Little Canada, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I operate in this hotel which I touch a amar bista the room was beautiful the food was very good especially the michelangelo all were friendly especially guillermo diaz have good education and effective in their work. and the location is good the beach and the sunrise is the boy with the birds singing q recommend this place to experience it

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Carmen C,

We feel more than happy of knowing that your stay was excellent. It's great to know that a crew of our staff was able to provide a great customer service.

We hope to see you soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Having read other reviews on this hotel my partner and I had our concerns about travelling here. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. This was my first all inclusive holiday in the Dominican, and it was just great. The room was spotless and quite modern. We had a lovely pool view and the hotel is literally on the beach. Food was fantastic, we enjoyed the buffet so much that we ate there 6 nights out of 7. We booked this hotel as it was the most affordable. You get what you pay for. If you want to be lavished and have a number of pools and restaurants, then book a 5 star. But we just wanted a lovely, peaceful break in the sun. The pool was lovely and there was never an issue getting a sun lounger. Also, the resort was entirely safe, and had a lot of families and couples, more so than singles/students. This is the perfect hotel for an affordable all inclusive holiday. I would definitely go back, and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Alexob04,

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we really appreciate when our customer receive the treatment they deserve. We are more than happy to know that your stay was memorable.

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I spent an amazing vacation stayed at Grand Paradise and the service was great especially the one i received from Jesús Castro, I'm crazy about be there one more time. I liked the location of the hotel cuz is near of many resorts and places to have a good time like beach, golf camp ...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ariel G
Dear Ariel G,

It's truly a pleasure to know that you had an amazing time with us. We will be more than glad to congratulate Jesus Castro for his great work.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards from all of us,
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been to about 12 all ins, and this one has had the best food and value for my dollar ever. I had barbecue ribs, prime rib, awesome tacos, and roast chicken most nights. everyday was a great selection. breakfast was great, but always the same, and NO BACON!! for the first time ever. my only food disappointment. drinks were great, service was outstanding.

My cost for this trip from toronto was $680, all taxes and everything in, including the single supplement for my own room. for what this resort and area provided, it is the best value I have ever had.

my room was great, got an ocean view with out asking or paying extra for it.

great activities, my favourite was windsurfing, included free, and the wind here was great.

I travelled solo here, and this is my only regret. the playa dorado area is a secure area, with a half dozen or so resorts, so it is very safe, and beach vendor hassles are limited. this attracts alot of couples, families and seniors who only want to relax on the resort. not the adventurous and outgoing type like me, for adventurous singles I recommend resorts in sosua, or cabrete I met a few singles who went there and loved it. most singles who did come here, were groups of girls who stayed on the resort, or at least in the playa dorado compound area. I rented a car and went out and around everyday. I did not see anybody else doing this.

but for couples, families and others who just want to stay on the resort, relax and enjoy them self, this is the best value I have ever had!

Room Tip: I loved ocean view room, great view of the sunsets. higher up will get a better view unobstructed by...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank michaelonmyown
Dear michaelonmyown,

We are thankful for your sharing your comments regarding your stay in our property. It is pleasant to know that you have had a delightful stay.

We look forward your next vacations.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed there from April 8 until April 15, 2013. Hotel is old and dated. Had a one bedroom suite overlooking the pool. Hotel policy of 1 key per room is horrible as after I returned from fishing I spent over an hour to find my wife to get the key to get changed. We had no hot water when we arrived by Wednesday had water coming out of the tap but it was not hot. My wife managed one luke warm shower in the whole week. We had bugs in the room. Drinks were made with local liquor and the vodka tasted more like tequila than vodka. Lots of vendors licensed by the hotel working the beaches. Front desk was less than helpful as was the Nolitours rep that was on site. It is definitely not a 4 star resort. Food god repetitive and I was concerned over how they were keeping everything sanitary without hot water. Drinks appeared to be very watered down as it was almost impossible to catch even a small buzz drinking their stuff.

Plus's Michael Angellos restaurant's cannelloni was amazing. In general the shows by the pool were not bad and the pool was relatively clean. Odd cup and cigarette butt floating around. The room was very well kept by the maid however her leaving the door wide open didn't help the bug problem. Beach was nice as I "showered" there in the morning because the water was warmer than the shower.

Room Tip: If you want quiet do not over look pool. No elevators so main floor rooms are better unless you lik...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joe R
Janett J, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Joe R,

We want to thank you for making us aware of the disappointment you expressed in your review. We do strive to provide the best service and deliver on guest expectations, we apologize for falling short in your case.

On the other hand we would like to clarify some points you mentioned. The hotel policies only allow one key and this information is offered by your representative in your meeting and in the lobby you can also see the information, this allows the hotel to save energy in while the customer are not in the room. Please know that our hotel offer the facilities to give access to our clients with a key for one use and after used most be returned to the lobby. The hotel admitted that we had issues with the hot water but this was resolved the same day upon your arrival. Please allow us to inform you, that we have different systems for hot water in the hotel, one is for the rooms and the other is for commons areas whether these kitchen, laundry and others and the one who had problems was from the rooms. In relation of the bugs you reported in your room, we did not have any report from you or your wife about this issues. We have sent the notice to the association of beach vendors.

We appreciate your comments about the hotel and we will share with all department your feedback.

We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Plata hotels