Last few hours of my trip ended in horror. Was on the beach when someone came screaming for help. Being a nurse I went to see what was wrong I found a man on the floor and another nurse from mtl doing CPR. The man was blue and had no pulse we did CPR for 20 min only 1 staff member came with a gurney. The resort had no medical help, no first aid kit no defibrillator, no oxygen no ambu bag and the best thing no staff member that new CPR. Ambulance and the MD that was suppose to be 5 min away never showed up. Guest took this man to the front to wait for the ambulance that never showed up so they put him in the back of a van to take him to the hospital. When I asked who was going with the patient and his wife I was told that one of us had to go to continue CPR. When I spoke to the manager of this hotel and asked how it was possible not to have someone that knows CPR or any emergency equipment she said that the laws were different in this country. So now I know that the first thing I will look for when I book a trip is if they have medical help on the resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata