“Awesome vacation!!!”

Grand Paradise Playa Dorada
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spend two weeks in the resort and it was one of the best vacations ever! The animation Team Javier Jonathan amourös aris and the whole staff is great. The time passed way too fast and I really wish we could have stayed longer. The beach is wonderful and really close

6  Thank Kathi123456789

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I loved my vacation in this hotel. The waiters (like Jose) and bartender (like Elvis) were very humble and caring, if you needed something, they literally run to bring you the things you want. Even though they don't have a lot of variety in the buffet, it was really good. The views are beautiful and the beach, but in the beach theres people that it always selling things to you, BUT THAT IS NOT THE RESORT FAULT, if you say no, they back off. The entertainment team were really friendly, caring and really funny, like Yancarlos, Jonathan, Aris, Janet, Javier, Amauris, they makes us laughed a lot in the night shows. I personally recommended this hotel because they treat you like family. Hopefully I will come back next summer. One of the best vacation ever, I had a lot of good memories with my family there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Janai T
Reviewed 8 August 2014

In general this resort was very relaxing and the staff, the food and the entertainment seemed to get better as the days passed by. Javier, our favourite entertainer along with the two restaurant "bosses" were extremely helpful. The only problem was the time share promoters. They were a bit annoying and may have dampened our vacation a bit. But the dinners made up for it as the dinner by the beach was spectacular. Beautiful beautiful experience. The area was amazing and overall the hospitality was amazing. Thank you.

4  Thank NourRizk
Reviewed 8 August 2014

All the workers at the resort were awesome. Javier, aris, amauri, Jonathan did an awesome job with the activities. Ramon and Elvis knew exactly what drink to get me every time. All the workers got to know each of us and knew us by name by the end of the third day or so. We will definitely be back to this resort!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Guerrie22
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

It was good. Amazing views and scenery. Staff were friendly and attentive. The entertainment was enjoyable but was repetitive. The food could have been a lot better. Lots of flies in the salad/ fruit and birds flying around during breakfast and lunch. Various activities including mini golf, tennis and table football to name a few. We were thoroughly entertained my son loved ever minute of his holiday.
It was disappointing that they charge you for wi-fi.

Overall our holiday was relaxing and well deserved.

5  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was GREAT! Best vacation I have EVER been on. It's been 3 months and I'm still talking about and reminiscing on how much fun I had. Myself and 10 friends stayed at Grand Paradise the week of May 26 2014. Because it was low season the resort was very quiet except on the weekend because many locals spend their weekends there with their families and friends. The weather was amazing, hot and sunny everyday. The rooms were just okay a little dated but clean, bed and pillows were comfy, new towels given everyday as well as water bottles/soda were stalked in the fridge daily.The beach was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The scenary of the mountain was breathtaking.The only negative thing about the beach are all the vendors trying to sell you stuff, but a simple "no thank you" and they will leave you alone. The food was good at the buffet! Our waiter Eduardo was a sweetheart. I'm not sure why people gave bad reviews on the food. It's typical tasty Carribean food and well seasoned, if you're looking for 5 star French/Italian cuisine then go to France or Italy for that. We also ate at both A la Carte restaurants and the food was good too. Drinks were soo good.. again, I'm not sure why some reviews say the drinks are watered down. These people must be alcoholics or something. My friends and I were drunk every night! The best bartenders were Jose and Ramone! Don't forget to try the Mamajuana drink!

There's lots of activities to do on this resort, Jonathan and Joel took us on the bike tour around the hotel grounds.. excellent workout! Also we did two excursions including the Catamaran to Sosua to do some snorkelling and also the Damajaqua Cascades(27 waterfalls) jump. Speak to Carlos, Ricky or Sandra on the beach and they will get you a good deal on excursions. One of the days our group went into town which was an amazing experience to see the other side of Puerto Plata something you don't see when you're on a resort all day. We did some shopping, made cigars at a cigar shop and went to different little restaurants. We also went to a local hang out spot and enjoyed some Presidente cervesa, played dominoes and got freshly picked mangos from the trees. Our two cab drivers were so nice and made us feel safe because they never left our side.

Nightly entertainment was lots of fun. All the animators were amazing Aris, both Jonathans, Joel, Yanet and Amaury. These guys work so hard and such long hours but they always made sure my friends and I were having a good time. And boy, can they dance! Especially Aris and Jonathan Javier they definitly kept my friends and I entertained every single night lol. After the nightly entertainment make sure to check out the Disco/Nightclub called Club46 it's a 2min walk from the resort.

All in all the Grand Paradise is awesome, not a 5 star hotel but I will definitely give it an overall 8/10.

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Chy_xo
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I really enjoyed my vacation at this resort. Food was really good, not too many choices but the food was always tasty. Every night they will have a diffrent station with something new...really loved that. The restaurents are really good....But i ordered the Risotto @ the italian restaurent and they dont use Arborio rice, so it does not have the same texture with regular rice....so they exchage it for a lasagna wich was Delicious!!

Drinks were really good even if they dont use premium drinks and they put lot of rhum if you want ;-) Rooms were always well cleaned and they gave us new towels all the time even if we were planning on using them again. The only problem it that the ventilation in the bathroom did not work so after a hot shower the humidity will stay in the room, so on the 3rd day i decided to open the balcony door to let the humidity out. The A/C worked perfectly.

Lots of locals on weekends, but did not bother me because it was more fun @ the night club.

***One thing i did not like was the fact that you can Not take any food out of the buffet?!?! We were going for a qalk and wanted to get some lil snack with us and they said we cant.....i dont get it? Obviously i wait till they werent looking and took my snacks anyways.

But i really liked my vacation and i rate this hotel 7.5/10