Let me make it known that i am not out to moan and/or ruin this hotels reputation...
I stayed here in May 2014, the hotel is ok and the staff are well trained..lets say they make the effort!
I'm not gonna bother comment on the food and drink as no matter where you go in the world 'All Inclusive' generally means that the food and drink will not be GREAT but BAREABLE if you're lucky.
However i was treated extremely unfairly when i was told i must leave the hotel due to an argument the person i was travelling with had with another guest. The details of the argument arent important but please understand that it was hardly one-sided, yet only we were the ones who were asked to leave. (Maybe because we're black and the other guests were spanish?)
Not only did Gran Ventana kick us out on the street but they also called ahead to most of the neighbouring hotels and insisted they should not let us stay, as a result of this we were stranded for several hours and had to find a hotel a long way away from our resort and the airport.
I will 100% be making an official complaint hoping to receive a refund for my lost days and compensation to cover extra hotel and travel costs.
What a shame because this hotel is not bad at all...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata