We had 2 weeks at this hotel and it was very much like a curate's egg! When we first arrived we realised that we had packed completely inappropriately; neither of us had tattoos nor nylon football shirts. Smart evening attire for some meant putting on a clean shirt. Once the shock was over and we'd been 'entertained' by the first night's Butlin-esque show, we realised what we could do to be 'Far from the Chavving Crowd'. Firstly, spend your day by the beach. There was a lovely breeze which increased during the day. The pool area was stifflingly hot without a breeze and there was a danger of the nylon melting! In the evening, we spent time at the quiet bar, which was just that and nowhere near Butlins. In the meantime, the food was fine and plentiful. The maids, contarary to some posts, are quite friendly, as are the waiting staff. I completely agree about the excursions; book them on the beach and pay a fraction of the cost for exactly the same trip. The rooms are very tired and in need a major refurbishment, but clean nonetheless.
I guess that I should have thought about this trip a little more when booking; it was height of the season and the pound/euro exchange rate meant that Benidorm is expensive this year. Am I a snob? I guess so, but that's fine by me!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata