We stayed at the Gran Ventana during the first two weeks on September 2009 and we had a wonderful time.
The weather was fantastic the whole time we were there and we spent many a lazy day on the beautiful beach. We walked to the beach early every day and watched the beach being swept perfectly by staff. It was kept spick and span.The snorkelling on the reefs there was magical, especially early in the morning whilst the water was so calm.
Whilst there we renewed our wedding vows and the hotel staff made our day really special, and we had super photographs taken during the ceremony and also on the beach.
We dined in all of the A Le Carte Restaurants. Our favourite was definitely the Ocean Grill. All of the food in the hotel was fantastic.
We were upgraded to a suite which was located near the quiet pool and it was kept clean each day by the maids. They did a super job and we often had animal shapes made from the towels to greet us when we entered the suite.
If I was to offer an advice it would be regarding the rooms. When we first arrived we were placed on the top floor in the pool. The room was very hot and noisy from the pool bar - so I would recommend asking for a lower ground floor which is much cooler and away from the bar (if you like your sleep) We moved to the other side of the complex and in a ground floor room - much better.
Nightlife - Entertainment was fine if you have small children. The same records were repeated every night and after speaking to the girl whom worked in the small shop in the arcade, the music has been the same in the 7 years she had worked there. The kids seemed to love the Birdie song etc though!!
Trips - we swam with the dolphins. That was amazing and even though expensive - worth every penny. We also went to Paradise Island - mixed views about this really as no one told us that the small island would be surrounded by jelly fish. we are not talking the odd one or two - no. Hundreds of them!! So as far as snorkelling was concerned it would have been ok if we had had wet suits, as many people did get stung and many others refused to get in the water. However the speed boats were good fun.
All in all - a fantastic holiday and we would go again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata