We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Gran Ventana Beach Resort. Before going on holiday we continually checked trip advisor for reviews as this was our first visit to the Dominican Republic, at one point we even enquired about changing our accommodation before we left because some people's review's concerned us but we are so happy we stuck with our original choice as we had the best holiday ever.
The hotel was great in all respects. The full hotel including rooms, walkways and the beach were spotless clean. The staff were excellent and not one person would walk past without a friendly smile and a chirpy Hola. The choice of food in the buffet restaurant at all three meal times was excellent and there was something for everyone. Freshly prepared omelettes for breakfast, barbecue chicken at lunch and fresh roasts for dinner. The 3 a-la-carte restaurants were also very good and the service was great, you never seen an empty glass the whole time you were there, the Italian was especially good.
The hotel sits right on the beach and is a 2 minute walk from the plaza shopping centre where you will find Coco Bongos, Hemmingways and Roadway. The location is great and is central to all local amenities.
The entertainment was good fun and included all ages from the kids mini disco to adult icebreakers, Michael Jackson dance tribute shows and Karaoke. The entertainment staff worked very hard throughout the day to keep everyone entertained, a daily beach volleyball challenge, water aerobics, water volleyball and games, big thank you to all the staff especially, Donkey, Eddy, Mini Me and Joseph.
The trips available at the hotel though the holiday reps are excellent, we enjoyed swimming with dolphons at Oceanworld, getting thrown around on Megatrucks and relaxing on Paradise Island, all highly recommended. The Megatrucks are a must just to experience the looks on the local childrens faces when you hand them a few sweets, thank you to our great tour guide Mr Harrison Kelly!
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and this was mainly due to the service provided by the hotel and the friendlyness of every staff member we came across, so thank you Gran Ventana for a great 2 weeks and hopefully we will be back soon but possibly for 3 weeks next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic
- VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata