“This hotel only gets better”

Iberostar Costa Dorada
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Middleton, United Kingdom
“This hotel only gets better”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

After 8 visits to this hotel there's always something new to impress me. The staff are so friendly and helpful nothing is ever a bother.the food is lovely and not repetitive always fresh and of a high quality. Entertainment is great with an enthusiastic team who put a great buzz in to the place. Some of the shows were new this year top marks for the dancers they could hold their own in any theater. Some new activities from last year included a white beach party when everyone including the band dressed in white it was a great night and a great venue for a party a lot of effort went into it .I will most defiantly be back next year in October I like to go other places at different times of the year but this is the only place I would never get bored of no matter how many time I went.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank okygk
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Guests,
We thank you for taking time to write a review in Tripadvisor about your recent stay among us. In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales, we also thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada as your holiday’s destination.
We want to express how honored we are to acknowledge that our hotel services, quality, activities and premises have met your expectations in every of your eight visits. We appreciate your motivating words about the exquisite quality of food served in our restaurants and our nightly themed buffet, and the service provided by our staff members, especially our Star Friends. As you well know, in Iberostar we are committed to make our guests’ stay an unforgettable experience.
We will be more than happy to welcome you back. We remain at your disposition for further assistance.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,259)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I went this hotel third time within a year. I travelled my wife only this time. We woke up at 3 AM in the morning on October 31st. Our flight departed at 6.20 AM from Toronto. We arrived to the hotel around noon. When we like to check-in they told us our room is not ready and we have to wait and the clerks show some papers: The check-in time is 3 pm. Come on guys!
I was a regular guests , the hotel was half empty in this low-season days. I was there before in high season and we never had problem about the check-in, but we arrived at the same time always in the past. All together only 8 mean EIGHT guests come with Sunwing this trip (included small child and older couples) and both of us have to wait 2 hour in the very humid 40 celsius lobby after a 9 hour trip. You guys know we'll arrive around noon and the previous Sunwing guests are checked out at 7 AM that morning. So you had empty rooms, the hotel half packed and you had 5 hours to clean our rooms and make us comfortable after the arriving.
We were tired from the early wake up and the climate change and very disappointed and the other guests wasn't happy either. The clerks had a typical dominican "manana" style and they didn't push the cleaners to make our room ready. Maybe they want 20$ tip to do something? I don't know! How long it take to clean a room? Never more than 20-30 minutes but we had been forced to wait 2 hour in the lobby. I WENT to check out our room and surged and pushed the cleaning lady to clean the room. When it was ready, I went back to the lobby and said for the clerk: Hey our room is ready! He said: You have to wait till the superintendent calls us. I said : Come on you can call him or her and ask about our room. He said: No they have to call us. So I wait another half hour, but our room was clean already.
We can check in at 2 pm but 2 hours in the 40 celsius degrees lobby wasn't nice and was a very bad start of our vacation.
Otherwise the weather was great (thanks for the mother of nature not for the staff), the food was really good and the staff are really friendly, except the clerks.Maybe they have too much ego or they think they are the most important persons in the hotel. No guys, the important persons are the guests and a sometimes a smile won't kill you. Without us, you guys are just jobless people and right now you have 20-30$ less tip what I leave there usually at the check-out time. This trip I give tip as always for everyone, except the clerks.
Other bad things: we got every day 1 liter water.1 liter for two adults in 40 degrees? It's a joke guys. Before this trip I thought about an other all family vacation in January with my mother and my godmother and my friends(around 6 person) but I don't think so. Since the sunwing will arrive the same time in January, I don't want to put my 70 years old mother through this check-in torture and forced to wait 2 hours in the lobby. It's hard enough the acclimatization from minus 20 celsius to the 30-40 degrees caribbean weather and I don't want to make it harder for her. I really like this place, but I think we'll go somewhere else and spend my 10 thousands $ there.
It's really sad and I thought the regular guests are important in this business but not here. This check-in problem is not a problem, if you guys have a flexible management OR helpful clerks.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear guest,
We thank you very much for posting a review about your third experience at Iberostar Costa Dorada hotel. On behalf of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for your loyalty when choosing our premises as your holiday’s destination.
We are pleased to hear that your third visit to our hotel was “great”, according to the title of the review, despite the incidences related to our check in procedures. We appreciate your nice lines about our varied gastronomy and the service provided by our waiter service staff. In Iberostar we are committed to offer a unique cuisine to our beloved guests.
Allow me to clarify that our check in time is 3pm (15:00) as it clearly says in vouchers, website information and in vacation brochures in all travel agencies. We do out outmost to accommodate our beloved guests if they arrive in previous hours but this depends to our occupancy and room availability the day of their arrival. We also remind our valuable costumers that check out time is at 12:00 pm; it means that in most cases our Housekeeping crew may have less than three hours to deliver those rooms clean for the next costumers. Moreover, there is not always correspondence between the amount of rooms that check in and check out from a Tour Operator the same day. Furthermore, we profit from low season to make preventive maintenance to our rooms that is why many of them might not been available. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to upkeep our premises. Being said this; we extend our apologies for not being able to have accommodated you the day of your arrival. I have shared your suggestions and concerns with our Front Desk staff and Housekeeping Managers to deliver the level of friendliness expected by our “stars” on vacation.
In case you decide to give us the chance to show you the way we care about our customers in Iberostar Costa Dorada; we remain at your disposition for further assistance.
Kiev
Reviewed 8 November 2012

If you go to this hotel be sure to have fun duaring all the time! Thanks a lot, dear Animation Team! Dee Dee, Capuccino, Santa, Maria, Conny, Eddy are doing their best to make your vacations unforgettable!
The service was also excellent. The only thing we really didn't like are the photographers in the hotel. The photographers could make better pictures. The pictures are not of a good quality and the prise does not correspond to it.
Yuriy and Olga from Ukrane

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest,
In the name of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, and his team, we thank you for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Costa Dorada and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed an excellent stay due to the friendliness of our staff, especially from our Star Friends: Dee Dee, Capuccino, Santa, Maria, Conny, and Eddy. One of our guiding principles in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts is to ensure our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their holidays.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
Kindest regards,
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We returned last week having had 2 weeks holiday 17/10/2012 to 31/10/2012.the hotel is very stunning and smart to look at when you arrive very homely and cosey so you will not be dissapointed.hotel excellent spotlessley clean throughout and comfortable furnishings both in the rooms and public areas.We were in junior suite room 5214 overlooking the beach peace and quiet and a lovely view.the staff are very friendley and go out of their way to look after you.Especially santa.maria.dieke and eddie murphy on the animation team..they were just great the gardens are stunning and well kept and the beach is great too stunning location plent of sun beds and you can either sunbathe in the gardens before the beach or on the beach..there is always something going on during the day and shows in the evening.had the resident band playing on the beach just before we left was great.had a bit of a blip with the food but was soon sorted out.by mario guest service manager and jose` and julliane the other 2 mangers and mario a big thankyou for looking after us and making sure everything was good.a big thankyou to nelson in the buffet restaraunt who was our waiter and looked after us excellently .And thakyou to the management for my birthday cake.(dorice annie ).and our special dinner for our anniversary.so go with an open mind we had a great time.and you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annie r
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear guest,
We want to thank you for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada for your holiday, birthday and anniversary celebrations. In the name of Mr. Pedro Morales, Hotel Manager, we also thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.
It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed an unforgettable experience during your visit to our premises due to the friendliness and excellent service from our staff. In Iberostar we aim to ensure memorable holidays to our beloved “stars” on vacation. We will congratulate Jose Luis, Julian, Mario, and the Star Friends: Santa, Maria, DD and Eddie Murphy for making your stay especial.
We are already willing to welcome you back, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
With regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Spent 2 weeks in the middle of October.Our room was kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay,my only dissapointment with the room, was the bathroom it was in need of a refurb. The shower head and bath looked as though they hadnt been renewed since the hotel opened 13 years ago.The entertainment at the hotel is really good the animation team are fantastic.
There is a good selection of food at the hotel and the quality is pretty good especially in the themed restaurantes,with the Brazilian being our favourite.
My biggest dissapointment was the swimming pool its in need of some attention,the pool is not tiled,it has some kind of plastic coating which in parts is flaking away,there is also a green coating along the edge of the pool which in fairness to the hotel is being cleaned everyday. If you have any white on your swimming trunks it will be green by the time you get home.
I believe this is a fair review of the hotel,but for me its back to the H10 ocean hotels next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 631trev1973
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Costa Dorada for your vacations and for writing a review about your stay with us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales and his team, we thank you for your nice comments about our varied gastronomy, our beautiful premises, and the serviced provided by our team, especially from our Star Friends. In Iberostar we aim to ensure all our guests to “enjoy being a Star”.
On the other hand, we welcome your feedback regarding our swimming pool and the bathroom in our guests’ rooms. We have been working hard to upkeep our premises to the standards expected by our “stars”.
We hope to welcome you back. We remain at your entire disposition for further assistance.
With best regards,
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Ecellent food and drinks, nice staff always kind. Beutiful beach like a bounty commercial. Extra cred for live music att the beach and for making paella at the beach for lunch. Brasilian and mexican restaurang served excellent food. The Marine Restaurang though did not impress. Loved the assortment in the bar great fun trying out drinks and watching the shows at night. The staff made me feel like I was I long lost relative who finally returned home.

• Stayed November 2012
6 Thank Tuvan2012
Dear guest,
We want to thank you for taking time to write a review in Tripadvisor about your stay in Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel. In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales, we also thank you for choosing Iberostar for your holidays.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay in our hotel premises and facilities due to the friendliness of our staff and our varied gastronomy as well as the wide options of nightly and daily entertainment proposed by our Star Friends. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service and an exquisite gastronomy so our guests can “enjoy being a Star”.
We will be glad to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us prior your next visit.
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Spent a week here at the end of Oct. after reading some of the reviews I was not sure what to expect. I have never been to a cleaner or nicer place. The grounds and hotel rooms including the restaurants are immaculate. People complained about seaweed on the beach (hello, it is the ocean)...Francesco at the front desk was great. This review would not be complete if I didn't say that Santa, DeeDee, Capuccino and Eddy were fabulous. I have never met 4 people who made our vacation so wonderful. They were so much fun to be around. The 4 of them should be commended on what a great job they do.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Caputo G
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear guest CaputoG,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Pedro Morales, we want to thank you for choosing Iberostar Costa Dorada for your holiday and for taking time to write a review about your experience.
We are very pleased to read that you have had a pleasant experience during your visit. We are also thankful for your kind words about the friendliness of our staff and the cleanness of our premises. In Iberostar we are committed to provided an excellent service and to upkeep our premises. We have congratulated Francisco, Santa, DD, Capuccino and Eddy for their remarkable work during your visit.
With regards,