My husband and myself are not for traveling but were given a gift from our children to Iberostar from March 27 to April 3/08 all inclusive. After reading the reviews we were really apprehensive. However we were astonished but the beauty of the resort, helpfull staff, great food. If you did not want the buffet you could have either Mexican, Brazilian or tropical. The waiters and waitresses were all dressed in prespective attire for which ever resturant we woud go into. The rooms were so clean, the staff were terrific. For the family who said that construction started at 6am every morning I was down there at the same time and I don't know where you were but I certainally didn't see or hear any construction. Unless you call sitting on grass roofs and securing by hand palm to the top to be construction?????? If there was any problem with your room all you would have to do is go to the front d esk and ask to change your room. Did you at least try that before terrifying any other people f rom going to the Iberostar in Puerto Plata. I had a problem with spraying rooms while we were still there. We did not have our rooms sprayed. We had a couple of mosquitos but they didn't bother us so we left them alone and didn't complaine. When we left we picked up passangers from the plaza dorota area and was so thankful we had the iberostar, they were roudy. The beach was beautiful and we saw only one person on the beach wanting to sell tours. The iberostar always had security around. If you wanted to be pestered by peddlers than you actually had to look for them. I would go again next year only I would bring more suntan lotion, I brought 2 but should have taken 4 for 8 days. By the way the food was great, they served every type of food you could imagine. Good luck and don't listen to those reviews, this is holiday at a 5 star hotel in the domenican.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata