We stayed in the hotel from 29/05 to 13/06 and absolutely loved it. We read plenty of reviews before we arrived and were a little concerned about the problems other people had found with the locals at the weekends. When the weekend came we quickly realised this was nothing to worry about at all! yes the number of people in the hotel increases slightly but we never had a problem with finding sunbeds or getting served at the bars or at lunch or dinner!
The rooms could do with a little updating but it's only cosmetic and we spent all our time at the beach and pool anyway so this didn't concern us. We did have a problem with the hair dryer not working, but we called reception and in half an hour it was fixed!
There was so much choice at the buffet restaurant we found something new to try every night. They also put on themed nights each evening so there is lots of variety. We only ended up using 2 of our al la carte meal tickets as we were so impressed with the buffet.
The all inclusive drinks are great, especially the champagne at the lobby bar!
The star friends really make this hotel special. There is always an activity going on to take part in, so if like us, you sometimes get bored of sunbathing, there is plenty to take part in.
We booked 3 excursions through the hotel and would strongly reccomend all 3. The ocean world park is 10-15 minutes away and the dolphin swim is a must. As part of the excursion, you get a day ticket to the park and a free lunch. We also did the extreme mega adventure day which involved horse riding, zip lining through the canopy and jumping down a waterfall! this was by far the best trip out of our 3 and i would do it again everyday if i could! This one was about a 45 minute drive away and the truck they take you on is well stocked with coolers filled with coke and sprite for you to help yourself to - an extra touch that makes all the difference!
Our 3rd excursion was white water rafting. We hadn't been before so this was very exciting for us. the only down side to this one is the 3 hour bus ride each way - which we were told would be 1h 30!!
The airport is only a 20 minute coach ride away which is perfect after a long haul flight!
I really reccomend this hotel, you will have a lovely holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata