We stayed here in Oct/2011.
Great experience. Glad to see Yorkis in some traveler pictures (bartender at the Lobby Bar), one of the best Mojitos I've ever had (Trust me, I'm a connoisseur). Other bar staff were awesome, Edwin I remember and Kennedy, they would remember your drink preference and i remember being called and without asking having my drink handed over as I was walking empty handed, WOW, that was good service. One night at the disco we were starving, went to the bar, looked Edwin in the face trying to decide what to drink, he interrupted my thoughts and pulled a bottle of Cava totally frosted with 4 frozen glasses and said: "That's what you want to drink, when I went for a refill he took my glasses away even I told him not to and handed me 4 new frozen glasses. Also one night my wife wasn't feeling well and they made her a "BOMBA", (Fermet, bitter drops and something else, they said either she gets fixed or throws up right away and will feel better anyway), next morning right after they said good morning they asked inmediately :"How is your wife"
Food was great, Dominican night at the Buffet was awesome, Brazilian rest was good as well as the typical by the pool at night. Santos at the buffet always took great care of us and Juan Luis always singing and smiling would have my "Presidente" ready when i was just approaching the beach bar.
Entertainment was good, night shows were a good experience and daytime activities also good and fun. Beach was good but to rocky compared to Cuba.
Rooms were spacious and clean. Gardening and landscaping was gorgeous. General Manager at the time (Maria Jose) would be around at anytime making sure thing were running OK.
Only 15 min away from Puerto Plata Airport "General Gregorio Luperon", straight forwards trip. I great experience. I hope it remains as good as I remember it because I would love to return. I would hate Bachata before that experience and now days, is very rare if a day goes by and a don't play a few tunes from that contagious rhythm, I call it the Dominican Virus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata