My main reason for writing this is to let people with mobility difficulties know that this resort is great for them. The layout is like a horseshoe shape and everything, including the beach, is less than a five minute walk. We had a room on the first floor in building 8. We requested this because it (and building 3) seemed to be the most central. However, any of the buildings, other than 1 or 5 are good too. We were just a few steps from our room to the pool. There is a bathroom by the pool and also a bathroom near the beach. I did not need the ramps, but they do have them if you need them. I did see a few people with crutches or canes and one person in a wheelchair and they seemed to be able to get around everywhere comfortably.
Rooms were ok. The beds were pretty hard. We got stuck with 2 singles, but just pushed them together. The TV was small and had very few channels. It was pretty clean but not fantastic. We saw a cockroach once, but I guess that is the climate?! The hairdryer sucked but I brought my own (from Canada) and it plugged in fine. Voltage is 110 so I tripped the electricity once and had to call to get our electricity back on. It was fixed within minutes.
Nice and big. COLD. No swim up bar. Lots of places to sit in the sun or shade. People do reserve spots with towels though
Very nice. It was clean and not rocky. There were plenty of places to sit in sun or shade and always a nice breeze. I don’t know why other people posted complaints.
Not too bad. At the buffet there was always something that you could find that you liked. Breakfast was the best. It was all pretty repetitive though. I would not say it was 5 star. A la carts were ok too, but nothing fantastic.
Coco locos were awesome. Every other drink tasted like tang. They do not use real fruit in any drinks except those available with breakfast.
Beautiful and easy to navigate through.
Very friendly and attentive. Check in and out were easy and quick.
We did not watch a full show because they always seem to be the same at every resort we go to. People seemed to be enjoying them though. The Disco opens at 11. It is cool inside and they play an okay mix of music...too much Brittany Spears and Back Street Boys though.
All in all, I would probably give the resort 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms 498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata