My huband and I were invited to goto one of my best friends weddings and we saved up our pennies as we wouldn't have missed this for the world! John and I stayed here from March 9th-16th and had a blast!
Rooms were clean and comfortable...Our Chambermaid Claire was really good and keeping our room tidy, minbar/fridge stocked and providing us with lots of towels.
The pool was huge! I swam in it twice and thought it was fine.
Beach was a bit windy but overall it was nice.
Lots of avtivities to do all day long (I played tennis, basketball, ping pong, beach volleyball and John and I were horseshoe champions)! Oh, if you like Casino's there are a few in the area...One is right next door to us and was built in December....The guys went over ther one night...It's a bit small though and only handles DR pesos but it's convenient/close.
Food was amazing!!!!! Can't go wrong with the buffet (so big)
The Brazilian was our fav (all 22 of us)...Chelaine and Joel had the Brazilian reserved only for them and their guests after their beach wedding...We had it all to ourselves and had a wonderful time! We even had a Bachata lesson and danced with the staff! :)
You get sirloin, fillet, chicken, pork, sausage, lamb a loaded baked potato, corn on the cob, grilled veggies. buffet for apps, caparhinia's for drinks....good times...we all liked it so much we went again on our last day!
The Tropical was good...Order the salmon or if you don't like seafood order the stuffed pork. The scallops are terrible!
The Mexican was also good...I had the Flank Steak au Gratin. JOhn ordered some beef taco which was super spicy (and he likes spicy)...so beware!
The drinks were also very good...I checked out the cocktail menu at the lounge bar and there were a list of several tropical/fruity drinks to choose from. I liked the Bahama Mama's, Coco Loco's and Blue Daquiri's the best!
John and I did an ATV tour with the newlyweds and had a great time! Be prepared to get dirty....It was loads of fun!
John and I also went alone to the Jasmine Spa for the day. It was very relaxing and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, spa services (we had massages and facials) and food. It was a terrific day!
So as you can see, we had an incredible time! All in all it was a nice resort to vacation...especially with a large group...we were never bored that's for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata