travelled here after our mexico holiday was cancelled and was abit worried after reading some reviews but shouldnt have worried.all i can say about this hotel is fantastic fantastic fantastic.
our transfer from the hotel was about 20 mins and check in was quick and efficient with a nice cold tropical fruit punch on arrival.the reception area is fantastic with a pool with turtles that was cleaned 3 times while we were there.a nice pond with flamingos is by the lobby bar which is lovely.
our room was right by the pool with a lovely view and the furniture was more than adequate in fact ours was a lovely room and the maids did a wonderful job cleaning it everyday as i have to small messy children.we had asked for a cot as i have a 1 year old son but was provided with 2 as we also have a 3year old daughter.we didnt think our room would be cleaned on a sunday but it was.everyday you had a towel arrangement with flowers and the maids were so friendly.our room was fumigated against bugs 3 times while we stayed there and when my daughter spilt some sugar which attracted some bugs we told reception and it was sorted straight away.
the beach is a short walk from the pool and as expected was beautiful.the pool itself is large with a shallow area where families tend to gather but on the whole only goes neck deep on an adult anyway.it could do with touch up as far as paint work goes as it has spots that are peeling but is kept clean with a man who goes round several times a day cleaning it(one tip dont wear anything white in the pool it will turn green with the cleaning of the water)and last thing at night.
the food in the buffet is excellent as is the snack bar.you will always find something you like even if you dont want to eat the more exotic dominican food.we didnt try the a la carte restauranrs because of our children but from those we spoke to we gather the food is just as good.the same went for the night time entertainment as our children were ready for bed at 7 after the busy days.
now to the staff.again all i can say is fantastic and so freindly.keep an eye out for cheeky monkey(who is so funny) bossy boots and christina who does the towels both of these are lovely.they all made such a fuss of our children who were to young for the kids clubs.the buffet waiters cannot do enough for you and even when our small son threw food on the floor would rush to pick it up before we would(we had to say several times that it was okay we would do it).the same goes for the bar staff especially elvis in the pool bar.
a piece of advice is a small tip goes a long way.just 100 dominican pesos(£2) every now and then goes along way and means alot to them.
finally hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did i cant understand why some people complain about stupid silly small things and really had a fantastic holiday.we will be returning next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms 498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata