Just returned from Iberostar Costa Dorada. This was the best holiday we have ever had. The check in on the bus meant that when we arrived our rooms were already allocated and porters were waiting to take our luggage away and we were welcomed with with a cool drink.
The room we were initially allocated was next to the main dining room and a thoroughfare for the rest of the complex. We asked to be moved and this wasn't a problem. We were moved, by porter, to a room much further from the main building. It was quiet and there were no issues with passers by.
The food was excellent - there was something for everyone. If you can't find something to suit you then they will make it for you, nothing was too much trouble. All the staff without exception were extremely friendly, they couldn't do enough for us.
As we were only there for a week we only did one trip, to Paradise Island. A trip not to be missed. A trip that will will live with us for ever it was so special.
We didn't use the pool, the beach was so clean and inviting, the water was warm and really lovely. The staff on the beach were the same as the hotel, couldn't do enough for you and were extremely friendly. Nothing was a problem for them. We took out a double Kayak and we hired a snorkel for an hour to see the fantasic reef and fish that swim nearby.
Unfortunately as we were only there for a week we didn't experience much of the entertainment but other holidaymakers who were there said it was the best they had ever seen. Certainly the staff seemed to put their heart and soul into it, both by day and at night. What we saw was really first class.
We really had a fantastic holiday - no hassle, no pressure. Sorry we had to leave as we only booked for a week but as soon as we possibly can we'll be back for 2 weeks. Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata