My family and I booked this resort based on internet pictures and a travel agents recommendation. I read the reviews and thought, "You can't please everyone; enough people had a nice experience." OH BOY what a mistake. I have stayed in other all inclusives but this was the worst!
The hotel was clean and the staff could not do enough for you. We would tip modestly which helped and they were very appreciative. I was impressed with how hard the staff worked and would also smile and greet their guests.
We stayed on in an ocean front room which had only a partial view because it was blocked by the many palm trees, however it was clean, quiet and by far the nicest location in the resort.
The pictures of the pool looked lovely; Wrong!!! The pool was dirty even though we would see the staff cleaning it very eveing. Not only was it cloudy and dirty during the day but the concrete was broken in many places and paint was peeling. Management should really renovate the pool.
Drinks were watered down something aweful. The wine at dinner was just as bad. However the wine was better the meals at dinner. Buffet served the same food for lunch and dinner and there weren't any theme nights. The specialty restaurants were worse then the buuffet. Iberostar should be ashamed!! The food was the worse part of the vacation. my family and I went out to dinner 4 nights out of the week.. We ate in a great restauarant called Taste, a must if you are in Puerto Plata.
We went to Ocean World which was expensive but worth it! We also did a snorkeling trip which we spent almost 4 hours on a dirty bus and two more hours ont he boat communting to the reef. Once we were there we snorkeled for 45 minutes. NOT WORTH IT!!! Inquire about the snorkeling beore you book anything because I was not told that it would be so much traveling on a bus and so little time in the water.
The beach was okay a lot of seaweed and isnce it is on the Atlantic side you do not get the aqua blue water. I guess if you want to stay in DR look into Punt Cana on the carribean side. I hear the Club MEd there is really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 516 rooms498 Double Rooms , 18 spacious Junior Suites ,4 handicap, 10 interconnecting, 27 superiors and 45 ocean view. The colonial-style complex and common areas are surrounded by huge tropical gardens. An attentive multilingual staff helps to make this a perfect vacation experience on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata