We just got back from this hotel and can honestly say we had a fantastic time. We stayed at an iberostar hotel in Mexico a couple of years ago and loved it, so we knew we were going to like the hotel, and we weren't disappointed. The hotel itself is amazing, with great bars and restaurants and a really cool pool area with plenty of space for everyone without being crowded. The staff are all really friendly and always try to get you involved, and they're always happy even though they seem to work 24 hours a day! We heard some bad things about the beach before we went, but we loved it- it's huge and sandy, and the water is surprisingly warm, especially if you fancy a late night swim! Our room was huge with a super king size bed and it was right on the beach- great for watching the thunderstorms we had on the first couple of nights.
There's loads of choice of food- whether you just want a slice of pizza or a proper local meal, and it's especially good for seafood lovers. You can also get food almost 24 hours a day which comes in handy to soak up the rum after a night in the club, Route 66. The entertainment at nights was pretty good, especially when you get involved. A big thanks to our girlfriends for the night, Gina & Stephanie- we hope we did you proud. And to Lucy and Alan for cheering louder than anyone in the hotel! And although the club doesn't necessarily always play the music you want, it's a good laugh and dark enough so you can make a fool of yourself on the dancefloor without anyone recognising you in the morning!
All in all we had a fantastic stay- we met some fantastic people who really made it extra special- you know who you are! And together with these guys and a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location, this turned out to be a holiday we will never forget and would recommend to anyone who wants to go somewhere, chill out and have a great time.
If you do go, we would recommend stay away from MyTravel flights as they were a total nightmare but hey- you can't have everything!
See you all again soon,
JP & Paul (Manchester)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel is located in front of the large golden sand beach of Costa Dorada, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic's north coast. This wonderful 5-star All Inclusive resort is a wonderful haven for aquatic sports lovers. Renovated in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada hotel has 498 Double Rooms and 18 spacious Junior Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Iberostar Costa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Dorado
- Iberostar Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Puerto Plata
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Dorada
- Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel
- Costa Dorado
- Puerto Plata Iberostar
- Iberostar Hotel Puerto Plata