Carol &Pete Lancashire England.
We stayed at the Mambo for 2 weeks 10/24 Jan 09.
We had a great time with plenty of laughs which was mainly down to the entertainment team led by Hoola Hula.
These guys were second to none and worked so hard to make everybodies holiday a memorable one.Special thanks to you all!!
The rooms were of normal Riu standard ,well cleaned and serviced daily with towel designs and a friendly ola from the maid.
The mini bar was re-stocked every other day.
The staff throughout the hotel could not be faulted and were always cheerful and very helpful.
The above also applied to middle and senior management who would go out of their way to make sure everything was o.k
We ate in the buffet restaurant every night because the choice was very varied and of very good quality and plenty of it too!!
Special thanks must go to our waiter of most nights Yunior who gave us excellent service with a smile Thanks.
The pool we must say was quite cold at first but o.k when you were in but the sea was only a stones throw away if you preffered.
The pool side bar was large and always very well staffed so you never had to wait long.
The pool snack bar at lunch had excellent food especially the burgers and salad.
The only downside was the weather on the last few days which was pretty bad but this can happen in the Caribbean but we still had a good time getting wet on the inside with new friends.
We have already booked with Thomson for next January leaving Manchester on 12/01/10 and cant wait to get back to see all these great people again.
Hope to see you all there !!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Merengue open all year round, is located in the RIU Resort right on the natural Bahía Maimón beach and next to the ClubHotel Riu Bachata. The inland terrain is characterized by wooded hills and mountains. The RIU Resort features a Caribbean Street with several shops, Wellness Centre and gym. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Puerto Plata (9km) and Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP) is approx. 25 km away. The hotel has 998 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Renova Spa or get in shape at our gym. 3 outdoor pools, 1 children’s pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old) and for adults, day and evening entertainment and many Water Sport activities, Discotheque and Casino. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Italian cuisine and Steakhouse, 4 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue
- ClubHotel Riu Merengue Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata