Stayed at the Riu Merengue 2/4/11 through 2/11/11. Traveled with 2 other couples. We all had a great vacation. The service at the hotel was wonderful. Our check in was very quick and smooth. We were taken immediately to our rooms by the staff . The rooms were very clean and kept very clean and neat by the housekeeping staff. We found the food to be delicious and fresh. We were never bored with the buffet. The Italian specialty restaurant was better than the steakhouse but it was good. We were able to get snacks at night too. No problems getting reservations at the specialty rest. either. The drinks were good and plentiful. The beach is very nice with plenty of chairs. The pool is nice too but guests do put towels on chairs at the pool early in the morning and it is difficult to find a chair. Just go early and reserve your chair. The entertainment staff was energetic and fun. They work long hours and 6 days a week and are always very friendly.
Just beware that most cell phones do not work at this location. The only internet access is an internet room that you pay for time on their computers. Nice place for couples and families. Took a couple of trips. Did the Outback Safari which I would highly recommend and the shopping trip and cable car ride up the mountains. Both were reasonably priced and very enjoyable. The grounds at well kept and very clean. We liked the fact that we could eat lunch, use the pools and bars and entertainment at the other Riu hotels located nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ClubHotel Riu Merengue (All Inclusive 24h) is located in Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, and is surrounded by impressive views of the mountains and a lush, natural environment. This is the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. The ClubHotel offers all facilities you could need for relaxing holidays away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You’ll find a fresh water swimming pool, a solarium terrace, a gym and the Renova Spa wellness centre with a range of different treatments and massages as well as a sauna. In the Dominican Republic you can find a wide range of international cuisine, but if you want to make the most of your time in this marvellous destination by sampling Dominican cuisine, delicious in both taste and colour, you can enjoy a wide variety of flavours and aromas, as Dominican dishes mainly consist of fruit and vegetables. In the buffet restaurant or themed restaurant you’ll find an endless range of dishes and recipes prepared by our chefs every day. The hotel shares its facilities with the hotel complexes of the ClubHotel Riu Bachata. You’ll enjoy access to the entertainment programme and activities thanks to the acclaimed All Inclusive system. Whether you’re travelling as a family, couple or with friends, you’ll find a wide variety of activities to keep you entertained all day long.. There are areas for enjoying tennis, table tennis, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, bodyboarding, snorkelling, golf, volleyball, swimming and much more. Your children can also enjoy crafts, activities and dancing together with other kids in the RiuLand programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Merengue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Hotel
- Club Hotel Riu Merengue
- Clubhotel Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Riu Merengue Dominican Republic
- Riu Merengue Puerto Plata
- Rui Merengue
- ClubHotel Riu Merengue Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata