Just arrived back. this was our 3rd visit to don rep, our 1st to this area and hotel. sad to say our last too. no wow factor on arrival. really hate these plastic wrist bands, i call them tags. its a adults only hotel treat us like one. people who choose to come back get different colour ones, how exciting!!. our room;- small and basic, not much room to put things. veiw from the balcony was trees, but could be worse. Buffet resturant, tables not set up properly, may have 1 glass for e.g. cups no spn. cuttlery much the same. waiters would make up from taking items off other tables even when people were sat on them. i often helped myself to water. At breakfast, staff would sneek food then eat it behind the dumbwaiters. food of poor standard. birds would fly in peck the bread, cakes, fruit, chips etc. land on any food containers. take sugar sashets. we watched snack bar chef cook stake then take it into the kitchen for staff to eat not putting this out for paying guests. also the snack bar, every day was cold breaded chicken wings, dried up burgers cold as the grill was off. cold chips, soggy pizza well i think thats what it was. no napkins/ plates some days. i asked for some but never came. to busy talking, or on their phones. when cutlery was dropped on the floor it was put sraight back in the clean containers.
guests were in the pool swim up bar all day fair enough, but not seen going out to use the bathroom !!!!.
We had D. most mornings. not good when there is only one toilet in the room.
Pool toilet, one out of two one never flushed.
Round the pool and going to the resturant or even the beach every day we were hasseled by people wanting us to by shares in the hotel. they can't take no for an answer.
Staff were realy keen to tell you when thier days off were so as not to miss you before you left and to tell you about how may children they had and couldn't buy them food and clothes etc. even asked you for your shoes. How to make you feel guilty on your well earn't holiday.
Entertainment, went once but didn't stay all night what a joke.
In the evening there was no where to sit for a drink, always drinks served out of plastic cups, we took wine glasses out of the resturant at night, not even had clear cocktail plastic ones which would be better.
Beach, as soon as you entered you were constantly harrassed by sellers, tack tack and more tack, sunglasses, shirts, wooden carvings, maracas, drums, stuffed monkeys, wind chimes, fresh coconut/rum, hair brading, pedicure/manicure, massage the list is endless. Then the excusion guys come round. all wish to tell you how poor they are, there familys and no clothes and food. ask you to get them beers etc. more Guilt.
I love to snorkel but the see was too cloudy this made it impossible to see anything.
we also love to walk the bueatiful beaches, this we did every day, early in the morning, well all through the day, but sadly this stopped when on sunday 22nd. My husband retuened from his walk in a state of shock after having a gun pointed to his head demanding dollers, he didn'd have any, the young man pointed to his wedding and onyx ring and demanded them this he did. he then ran to the bushes with them leaving my husband on his knees helpless. he staggared back to the beach to me, the security and police were called. Forms filled in. Thank the Lord i still have a husband and our children have a father.
For the rest of the holiday we watched people walk the same route even jog to the place. no-one had stopped them not even the beach security guys.
A few days later we found out that Thomas Cook have pulled out of the Hotel. Best news ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata