This was our 4th trip to Dominican and second stay at BlueBay. We traveled with a group of 9 other people on this trip and I believe everyone would go again. We have always traveled with a group of people and always found ourselves comparing the other Hotels to BlueBay so we returned this year and had the best vacation ever in RD.
The one point we found that could be viewed as negative was that the A La Cartes had slid a bit in the variety of choices most notably the Seafood. There was variety to be had but at an additional cost. This had no reflection on the service and additional attention to detail by the staff at the A La Cartes. Service was excellent and professional. BlueBay is small resort and it doesn't take long before you become acquainted with many of the staff and other guests.
Check in was fast and easy. Jose did the best he could to insure that our accommodations were satisfactory. No easy task when you are dealing with bus loads of people and a full hotel.
Rooms are rather plain and storage for your cloths is somewhat limited. However, Housekeeping is top notch. Our rooms were thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every day. The maid often left cool bird creations made out of towels or flowers every day. The grounds were groomed every morning and everything was kept trimmed. The beach was raked daily and great for swimming.
The Buffet was plentiful and fresh.
Resort security can be found throughout the resort making it very safe.
The hotel Caters to all vacation preferences. There is a quiet, no smoking area around a small pool if you should choose a more tranquil setting. On the other hand, if you want to go hard, there are two other pools and daily and evening activities throughout the resort led by the Animation Crew.
The Crew, as we call them are what really make this resort stand way apart from others. My advice is to get involved we the activities as much as possible. Raul, the Crew manager must be very proud of his team. This group work extremely hard to make everyone's vacation the most enjoyable as possible. They are absolutely hilarious and will have you laughing at there loco antics or amazed by excellent dancing and performances. Commando is usually the host of the shows and has a laugh that is contagious. YaYi teaches dancing including Bachata, Merengue and she can Samba like you can't believe. Peki is absolutely hilarious and loud. Most people will learn Peki's voice and crazy antics quickly. Leo is small but mighty and leads a lot of poolside activities. George is extremely athletic and along with Commando, put on a performance during the Fire Show that was spectacular. Mayo is very friendly and does a lot of poolside activities. mayo makes a point to shake everybody's hand every day he is working. He took some of us on a bike tour of the Dorata complex. After almost driving my bike into the pool,( I may have been drinking), we drove in around the various hotels in the area and Mayo pointed out spots of interest. Last but not least, there is James Bond, (007.5). This man is absolutely Loco. His good nature and crazy antics will keep you thoroughly amused. You have to see this guy in action to truly appreciate his sense of humor. All in, the crew obviously enjoy what they are doing. Get to know them a little and you won't be disappointed.
Despite the fact that the hotel is all inclusive, please consider tipping at least here and their. these people work very hard at their jobs and certainly deserve it. Don't forget the maids, security or gardeners. They are often overlooked but work very hard also and truly appreciate acknowledgment of their efforts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, BlueBay Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata