Blue Bay is a beautiful quaint resort most definitely catering to older people. Depending on ones expectations this place could really make or break your vacation. It is well laid out and accessible so commuting from beach to pool to restaurant were convenient. We had a room in block 5 which was renovated, however had no balcony. Our mini bar was restocked daily as well as bathroom products and towels. That being said if I needed anything I left a note for the maid along with a gift daily therefore never having to worry. The food was plentiful and as some stated repetitive at some times. I am vegetarian and never felt worried about what to eat, however my husband preferred the meat in the a la carts. The beach is decent and cleaned daily. The vendors are quite respectful and just doing their jobs. Why not enjoy a massage or a pedicure you are on vacation..... The entertainment crew are amazing at their jobs and hard working at keeping guests involved. Every night is a different show and they have some shows outsourced. We had a great time with everyone. Peki was high energy, Leo is just a doll and I especially enjoyed attending Yayi stretching classes everyday!!!! The beach is a beautiful walk daily before the sun comes up at 730 ish so being your runners. The night life her is a little unfortunate. There is a casino and a couple dance clubs nearby and luckily we have a vehicle here so can visit friends and family we have here but I'm not sure what tourists do after 1030 pm. Now...... Circlezone...... We were borderline harassed daily. While all of these folks were very nice people and made us feel welcome it was with cause. We finally agreed to attend the meeting after 8 days of being approached and having letters placed in our room. We made the appt for 2 days later so we had 2 days of freedom from being approached. We graciously declined as we would not benefit from this program. While some ppl may.... No means no and it got to the point that we avoided reception and detoured so we could avoid the incessant requests.
I would return to Bluebay if the price was right. We stay here only to eat and sleep as we are here to visit family. There is a lot to do In Puerto plata so if you are feeling bored take a tour.
Side note, I had read a couple reviews about Westjet mis representing themselves. We also had humanitarian bags that did arrive, however half empty. I'm not sure how something like this could happen at arrival to DR as we watched the baggage handlers getting pat downs to ensure they didn't have anything on their person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata