“Paradise”

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Preston, United Kingdom
“Paradise”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have visited this hotel many times over the last 6 years.. 2 years ago I did feel the hotel had slipped and my stay wasn't up too the normal standard I was use too.. But because of my fond happy memories there I decided to give it another look this year , and much to my surprise it has won my heart again ... The staff are so friendly and make you feel like you've arrived home.. this is the only hotel I've returned too so many times, and I'm already thinking of my next visit, which is pretty good when I've only been home 2 weeks .. When ever I'm having a bad day I close my eyes and slip back to this wonderful tranquil paradise ...

Room Tip: My room I'm pleased to share with you all is 8016... Please take care of it, I wont be long befo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 187062Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I will be the first to admit that I had major reservations about booking this resort as some of the reviews are not to favorable. I will mention that I found this resort through Groupon so we got a very good deal. That being said you have to go in with appropriate expectations for what you pay. If you are expecting a 5 star resort with food that your "paying" for you will be disappointed. What I loved lost about this resort that I have never experienced before was that from the moment you arrive they make you feel like part of the family. Everyone also has a smile and people remember your name. The staff is amazing. We had several waiters that knew to keep our water filled and the bartenders always were quick to refill your beverage. The three a la carte restaurants were great. I would rank them Oriental, Seafood, Steak grill!

The entertainment staff is like nothing I have ever seen. They are always trying to keep you involved in activities and know your name! We loved James Bond and Leo! We also met so many friendly people that we would hang out with on our patios or by the pool! The staff also put on very low budget "shows" at night. They are ok. It is really more about something to do and see! They also have an evening disco at the beach but we never stayed up late enough to check it out!

The beach is so beautiful and the huts are great if you are willing to get up and reserve one by 6 AM! You can always get a lounger at the beach or pool as well! Our room was one of the updated ones by the spa (8000 building) which we loved because it was very quiet. The rooms are not perfect and could use a little TLC but nothing that impacted our vacation. We also all had massages which were so relaxing. I would most definitely stay at this resort again!

Room Tip: Choose a room by the spa!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed in the resort for 5 nights in April 2014. The staffs were very helpful, the entertainment and the amenities were great. Drinks were served 24 * 7. Food was great. The restaurants served great food as well. There were entertainment every night.

Also, I'll like to mention that I met with an accident on the last day of my trip. My head bumped with the locker and i had an one inch cut on the scalp of my head. I had quite a bleeding. I was helped by Felipe one of the staff from the entertainment team. he not only calmed me but took me to the on site clinic and stayed with me till the doctor treated me. I am very much thankful to 'Felipe' for helping me out.

I had a great time at the resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anirban T
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I visited this resort in late November 2013 and were VERY pleased with the quality of service we received so much so that we revisited BlueBay Vilas Doradas for another 2 weeks from March 28 to April 11th,2014.Normally we do not go to a resort more than twice but we loved this one so much that we went back for a third visit.We have had the worst winter in 40 years here and we needed to get away and rest/relax/enjoy in a hot and sunny place to recharge our batteries.True to form BlueBay fulfilled all of our hopes for a great vacation.The in-residence manager,Ines,and all of her staff know what customer service is all about.This is evidenced by the way requests are handled.There is a "can do" attitude shared by all.It is a relief not to have to argue over something that is easily resolved.
We found that the wait staff were MORE THAN willing to serve us.Santa,Nilson,Albania,Nikary,Anisy,and Francisco were fabulous and informative.No request was too much for them.Elizabeth,a bartender at the beach never lost her cool when the going got tough.
The animation group offered lots of events to keep the customers as busy (or not) as they wanted to be.James Bond (0021/2) and leo did a great job.I wish I had their energy!
We went to Oceanworld to have supper and see a Vegas style show and try the casino.The food was very good and the show was superb.We saw this excursion as an excellent value and heartily recommend it.
As I write this review it is snowing and the temperature is -4 Celsius.We miss the BlueBay most on these days.We are going to make plans to revisit BlueBay AGAIN in November/December.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 6000 and 8000 blocks are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy G
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The BlueBay resort was an excellent place for our family trip! The entertainment staff (specifically Pecki, Leo and Mayo) were excellent! They kept the days around the pool and on the beach entertaining and fun!
The food at the buffet was excellent, as well as the Oriental restaurant.
I did notice the average age at the resort was +40 or more but for us that was not a problem at all. If you are looking for a crazy nightlife, this resort probably isn't for you.
We had a great week and would definitely recommend it to friends!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 144CR89
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have been to the dominican 3 times now,working our way around Playa Dorada,and blue bay was not a disappointment,I had asked for a room with a balcony which we didnt have when we were showed to our room so I asked if they could move us to one which did, they did with no problem!! It wasnt one of the newly reburshed rooms but we didnt mind,it was a big room,clean and quiet. The food was nice and had lots of choice,my husband is a VERY fussy eater,when we told the staff they arranged for the chef to make him a special dinner every night!!!! Which we thought was excellent and to be fair they didnt have to do,everyone is out to please and make your stay as great as they can. The animation team was amazingly funny and work soooo hard to make it fun and include you in all activities,and they do alot of them allll day and night,We went for my husbands 40th and on his birthday the whole of the animation team Peki,Leo,Mayo,Commando,GeorgeJames bond,Yayi,Lois the sound guy,got him a cake,got him on stage to sing Happy Birthday and then gave us a bottle of champagne it was amazing and very thoughtful,bless love them all.we were very sad to go after our 17 day holiday!!! If you want a hotel and holiday where you feel included in a family for your stay then i would highly recommend bluebay,dont listen to the bad reviews as i personnally think in my opinion they are totally uncalled for.LOVED IT and will be returning hopefully next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank domrep14
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We arrived on March 23 at 1;00, so of course the room wasn't ready. Check in is not til 4. We had swimsuits in our carry on and went to public bathrooms by the spa and got changed. We went to the swim up bar and started our vacation. Who needed a room with all that sun? We had such a good time, we didn't go back to the lobby until after 5. They were over booked so they let us stay in a private room for 1 night. It was very nice, we just showered and slept there no big deal. The next day we went to the pool, I had to go to the lobby around 1 for my new room key. My husband didn't even come with me it went so smooth. Karen at the front desk had taken care of everything. We got room 8108, which is the last building before the bridge.

The room was very nice and clean. The headboard actually lit up! It had a small patio with 2 chairs and a table which was great since hubby goes outside to smoke since I dont. Room was cleaned daily with new shampoo towels and etc.

The food was good overall. We loved the Asian place. We didn't care for the the seafood place. It was too salty for us. We just thanked them and left and went to the buffet. We did not make a scene. It was not their fault, just different tastes. The buffet was fine that night.

The pool staff works very hard. Roque actually remembered us from 4 years ago! He was always there with a smile and kind word. Diego was a trainee was was such a cheerful person, we hope he will be permanent next time we come.

The beach was beautiful. The vendors were there, but you say no thank you and they leave you alone. The guests and slobs and leave their dirty cups just laying around. You have to go past trash cans to get another drink, can't see why they didn't take them with them.

I would definitely go back again. We have stayed in hotels with bigger rooms, but I don't see why you need it you only shower and sleep in it. Ours was always clean.

To all the people who complained out there all I can say is if you have a problem and speak nicely to a person you will get way farther then screaming and degrading them. I heard some of you, and I wouldn't have helped you either.

Thanks again Karen at the front desk with helping us with anything we had to address.

Room Tip: The 8000 building is amazing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple