“Good Times!”

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Laurel, Maryland
“Good Times!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My cousin and I had a great time on my vacation to BlueBay! The beach was beautiful, the service was excellent, and everybody, minus one older guy who was in the front/check in area, (still am not sure of his job), was fun, funny, and kind! We were immediately greeted by smiling faces and a cold beverage when we arrived and the service was consistently excellent our whole time. We spent most of our time at the beach and enjoyed the ocean, view, drinks, sun, and again, the kind folks. We did not do many of the activities, but did enjoy the water show put on by the entertainment team. The vendors on the beach were not pushy, were funny, and ended up being some of the most entertaining people. We definitely made some DR friends on this trip. I have travelled to the Dominican Republic a few times and this was honestly one of my favorite trips! ☺ To recap:
-Clean and nice rooms
-Kind, conscientious, and friendly staff (this was our favorite)
-Great beach
-Peaceful atmosphere

We will definitely be back……reallllyyy sooooon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff are what makes this hotel great. First class service in the buffet restaurant, friendly staff from the word Go, and a lively animation team. The food is great, and there is also the choice to attend the other restaurants on site included in the package. 3 lovely pools to choose from and a 'private' beach. Yokassa and 'James Bond' in the animation team are particularly good :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had a great experience at Blue Bay Villas Doradas. The food, especially as a pescatarian, amazing and the were a lot of service oriented and entertaining individuals among the staff and especially amongst the 'animation crew'. A lot of cool activities both on the site and in the surrounding areas.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Let's set the scene. You arrive at the Blue Bay Villas and proceed down a marble pathway bordered on both sides by transparent white curtains billowing in the wind. There is gentle music playing, and you think you have arrived in paradise. While you are checking in at this all-inclusive hotel, you notice the fully stocked bar across from the check in desk, and think to yourself "I think I will start my vacation with a drink." But wait! When you ask the bartender for a drink, you find out this bar is not included in the all-inclusive rate, and that you must pay for your drink. Hmmmm, ok. Well I guess I will just log on to the wifi to let my friends and family know that I arrived safe. But wait! You have to pay for wifi by the hour, at a varying rate for anywhere from 10 minutes to $60 USD for unlimited usage, and that is only good for one device. Well ok, I guess I won't be using my iPad on this trip. I suppose I will just lock it away in the safe in the room. But wait! The safe in the room is only able to be used if you pay $3 USD a day. Ok...I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Well since I am here a bit early, can I grab some lunch? No, sorry, I will have to charge you the $35 USD early check-in fee. Well then...can I make reservations for dinner tonight? No, I'm sorry, it's already noon, all of our a la carte restaurants are all booked up. So what can I do? I'll tell you what I did. I went to the plaza next door to wait until I could check in. Welcome to my vacation.

It might just be me and my lack of familiarity with all-inclusive places, but I thought "all-inclusive" meant all was included. That is apparently not the case. Additionally, when I am on vacation, paying my hard earned money, I don't like to be told no, and I found myself looking around at every turn, wondering if by drinking by the pool or wearing shorts to the buffet I was breaking some rule I wasn't aware of and would be chastised. I was staying in my room by myself at a rate that covered 1 or 2 people, and yet when my friend (who is a local) came to visit from Santo Domingo, I was told that I would not be able to merely pay the all-inclusive fee for him, but that I would have to book an entirely separate room for him. As he had just taken a 4 hour bus ride and I could not get him on to the property otherwise, I had no other choice. Thanks for the exceptional customer service, Nelson.

I booked my vacation at this property because it was adults only, and because of all the glowing reviews here on TripAdvisor. While I admit the fact that there were no kids was definitely a plus, I just don't get what all the fuss is about. Every time I asked for a drink I got a look from the staff that made me feel as though I was bothering them (that is when I wasn't told the bar was closed), the water pressure in the shower was unimpressive, and the refrigerator in the room (the one with the free water and sodas, until you drank them and then were charged for any replacements) did not work and as a result all the beverages were warm. The food was ok, but having to eat in the buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because you can't get dinner reservations gets old. And as for my friend Nelson, let's just say if I gave the kind of customer service at my job that he gave me, I would be unemployed.

On the plus side, the Christmas music they played in the buffet in the middle of June did make me chuckle. But no, I will not be staying here again. If this hotel would realize that the people that come there spend their hard-earned money to stay there, keeping them in business and keeping their employees employed, maybe they would start treating them with some respect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
16 Thank MVer316
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great welcome, friendly staff, made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. Everyone was very informative about what to do and where to go. The room was lovely. Very spacious and clean and very relaxing. The entertainment staff were very friendly and funny especially yayi and George

Domincain
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Amazing breath taking place beautiful people and culture very clean,staff are very talented and friendly,
George and all the other entertainment staff are very friendly
Very good at his job!
The entertainment is great
Would Deffently come again
Thank you for making me feel welcome!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Best beach in the area, very clean , excellent staff..internment is great , especial thank too the person coca cola that is he name ... look for him next time.... you can do snockling in the beach plus de give you everything to do it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple