Went with a good friend of mine January 26th to February 2nd, had the time of our lives!! This is an 18+, 24 hr resort, perfect for both relaxing and partying at the same time, we met some great people. As soon as we walked through the lobby we were "wowed" on how classy it looked, reminded us of Miami! Staff is always cleaning, gardening and keeping everything beautiful. Pools are clean, one with pool bar and the other for water sports (Volleyball). Always some sort of fun entertainment going on, you have something for everyone! Get up early for a chair on the beach or near pool... people reserved chairs by putting their towels are early as 7:00 am, we hardly ever got one which that was a huge bummer! Drinks are awesome, have a banana mama, those are really yummy!! Food is EXCELLENT, no complaints at all, whether you eat at the buffet or à la carte. We even made friends with one of the waitresses at the buffet restaurant, she knew to serve us red wine every night, we would even joke about it! The Steakhouse is a must and you have to try the Châteaubriand, it will melt in your mouth. All the staff is great, very nice and always helpful. The beach bar is the place to go for drinks and spend the evening, it's open 24 hrs and also has a snackbar. The beach is not the nicest I've seen but I'm happy as long as I have one and the ocean of course, the nicest beach is in Punta Cana. The first couple of days you'll get bugged to buy stuff on the beach, as the week goes by they'll eventually stop. Remember, you can bargain if you do decide to buy something, they always start really expensive... I did end-up getting great deals!! The rooms are basic, we never had problems with maids, they always cleaned our room and gave us fresh towels. We weren't there to spend time in a room anyways, as long as it's clean and everything is functional (which was!) we're happy! :-) The Paradise Island tour is a must, they bring you on a jetboat to this small beautiful island in the middle of nowhere. You can snorkel or just chill on the beach. On the way back, we stop at this small restaurant for lunch where we can eat Dominican food. Then back on the jetboat to head back on the bus, we next stop at the tobacco fields where they actually make cigars and have a cute shop.
My overall experience was amazingly fun, I totally recommend this hotel, I'll go back eventually!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata