When we arrived after the short 15 minute airport transfer we were greeted in an informal way of checking in, which was nice, we sat in the airy Reception area and was sat on the sofa's and just filled one form in and given our bands. We were given a cold flannel to cool down and a glass of iced tea which was most refreshing!
We then went to our room where our bags were brought by the porters and was not made to feel under pressure to hand a tip although we did! 50 peso's (£1).
The room was stunning clean, fresh and just perfect for what we needed to make our 2 week holiday as comfortable as possible. Our room was cleaned twicw a day and also given fresh towels 2 or 3 times a day with the bed made on a continual rotation.
The food at the hotel was amazing, the al a carte was not one we were a fan of due to the stuffy attitude of having to wear trousers!! We were in the caribean, we didnt take trousers!!! But never the less we still ate once at the steak house who upholds an informal dress code and that was good. The buffet was excellente! Lots of choice and fresh food for the 3 meal times a day, always a great selection of foods and managed to eat something different 3 times a day for 14 days!
The entertainment at the hotel has to be the major selling point of a holiday such as this, the staff are true professionals, they work so hard and always around to chat, dance or just have FUN FUN FUN with all of the guests. We were most impressed with Angie who was a fantastic dancer and a new member of the animation team, Karina (Karen) was just a legend, bringing me some Aloe Vera after I had burnt my shoulders in the sun and Lorenzo was a legend! All of the entertainments team were simply out of this world, you will not be disappointed! That is a promise!
The bars were always fully stocked up with a list of cocktails beers wines and pretty much what you would expect from any bar in the world!! A little tip from me is never ask for "rum & Coke" always go for Brugal, a much nicer tasting rum and brewed in the local area! YUM YUM!
Many people take Dollars (USD) I would suggest that you take Peso's as many of the prices for items work out much cheaper to buy everything, make sure you have your dollars for the airport taxes.
A 5 star hotel this should be!!! 4 stars do not give the hotel justice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlueBay Villas Doradas is an Adults Only 24 hour All Inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, was completely refurbished in 2006 providing facilities and rooms of the highest quality. This hotel in Puerto Plata, which is only for the over 18s, is an ideal place for couples to relax or enjoy their honeymoon or wedding. Its location - literally next to the 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones – makes it a favourite among golfers.The hotel’s rooms and suites are equipped to the highest standard, in keeping with the quality of the resort and its recent refurbishment – all include cable TV, mini bars and ironing facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebay Villas Doradas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Puerto Plata
- Bluebay Hotel Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Villas Doradas
- Blue Bay Getaway Dominican Republic
- BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata